Become a University Leader with Liberty’s Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration Online Degree Program
Liberty University’s 100% online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration degree program will expand your knowledge, skills, and training in education through advanced course content and in-depth research. Our program focuses on developing leadership and research skills so you can be equipped with the problem-solving ability needed to lead students to success. Our Ph.D. in Higher Education online degree program will provide you with the tools to effectively communicate through various mediums, critically problem solve, and increase information literacy. This program will enable you to focus on leadership in higher education through research and practical application, allowing you to enhance your skills and properly market your abilities.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration Degree?
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration online degree program is designed to provide you with the advanced training you need to seek promotions, new opportunities, or make a career change. Whether your goal is to work in a Christian college, community college, or state university system, our Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration will help give you the skills you need to create a positive learning environment for your students. With your experience and higher education administration doctorate degree, you can help students transition to college successfully.
At Liberty, we value your time. We created the Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration to be a 100% online degree program. You will not be required to attend courses on campus at any time as you pursue your degree, because we are committed to helping you obtain your degree in a way that is most convenient for you.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration Degree Program?
Our online education classes seek to enhance your knowledge of leadership styles in the educational setting. Understanding how leadership styles promote excellence is crucial in guiding your organization toward its defined mission, and our online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration courses will help you put your leadership training into action. Our higher education Administration doctoral degree offers practical studies in educational law, administration, and an in-depth look at collegiate teaching.
As you begin the Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration degree online, you will establish an advanced knowledge of education law and how American laws may be applied and/or adjusted in an educational setting. This understanding will help you navigate the complex issue of the separation of church and state in relation to education. Most importantly, you will learn to understand students from a sociological, cultural, and psychological perspective to better aid their future success.
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 758 – Teaching the College Student
- EDUC 747 – Educational Law
- EDUC 849 – College and University Administration
Ph.D. in Higher Education Online Degree Information and Requirements
- Students pursuing a Ph.D. in Higher Education online must complete a dissertation process.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Higher Education Administration Ph.D. Degree
- University Professor
- University Administrator
- Educational Consultant
- Curriculum Specialist
- Survey Researcher
- Post-secondary Education Instructor
- Clinical, Counseling, or School Psychologist
- Training and Development Specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Our Online Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration Program Highlights
- By earning your Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- You can complete our Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration degree program online in about three years.