Develop Engaging Educational Experiences with Liberty’s Online Doctorate in Instructional Design and Technology
If you are passionate about the intersection of education, technology, and creativity, then Liberty’s online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Instructional Design and Technology may be right for you! By pursuing this degree, you can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to become a leader in designing and implementing effective educational strategies using cutting-edge technology.
Throughout this program, you will explore the ways in which technology can enhance teaching and learning experiences. You’ll delve into the principles of instructional design, learning theories, and the use of digital tools to create engaging educational materials. You can also develop expertise in designing online courses, multimedia resources, and interactive learning environments that foster student success.
Our EdD degree provides a comprehensive curriculum that balances theoretical knowledge with practical application. Additionally, this program is led by experienced faculty members who are experts in the field and passionate about helping you achieve your goals. Through engaging discussions and in-depth projects, you will have the opportunity to apply your learning to real-world scenarios.
Partner with us and prepare to shape the future of education by helping schools keep up with technological trends and learning needs!
Why Choose Liberty’s Instructional Design Doctorate Online?
We understand that pursuing a doctoral degree requires careful consideration. Here are just a few reasons why our program stands out from the rest:
- 100% Online | As a Liberty student, you’ll have the freedom to advance your education without sacrificing your other responsibilities. Our EdD program offers the flexibility and convenience of a 100% online curriculum. Whether you are a parent, a working professional, or have other important commitments outside of school, you can earn your degree without having to relocate or disrupt your current schedule. Our online platform provides accessible coursework, allowing you to study at your own pace and from the comfort of home.
- Accreditation | Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This prestigious accreditation ensures that our programs meet rigorous standards of academic excellence and quality. By partnering with Liberty for your EdD, you can be confident that the training you receive is widely recognized and respected within the field of education.
- Expert Faculty | Our EdD program is led by a team of seasoned faculty members who are passionate about their areas of expertise. Our professors bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to the virtual classroom, equipping you with the skills and insights needed to succeed in the ever-evolving field of instructional design and technology. Through their mentorship and guidance, you will have the opportunity to engage in meaningful discussions and receive personalized feedback as you take the next step in your academic journey.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Education in Instructional Design and Technology?
The EdD in Instructional Design and Technology program is broken down into 4 main sections: education theory courses, the instructional design and technology specialization, research and evaluation courses, and a 4-course capstone project. Together, these courses provide a comprehensive look at essential skills and tools to help boost your career.
Within the education theory courses, you’ll explore advanced learning theory as well as the historical and philosophical principles and theories that have shaped education globally. You can also study either issues and trends in learning technologies or organizational analysis and problem-solving.
The design and technology specialization courses cover an array of subjects, including instructional design theory, principles of human performance technology, and the implementation and assessment of multimedia learning tools. Other topics of study include instructional systems design and models for instructional design and technology. In addition to gaining technical knowledge, you can learn about important ethical and social considerations related to the use of technology.
From there, you’ll dive into educational research, applied research methods, strategies for completing a literature review, and concepts of applied research methodology. These skills can help equip you to critically analyze existing research and conduct your own research. Drawing on what you’ve learned, you’ll complete a final capstone project in which you’ll tackle a significant problem or challenge in instructional design and technology. This provides a valuable opportunity to put your research skills to the test and develop a comprehensive solution to a real-world challenge.
- EDUC 731 – Instructional Design Theory
- EDUC 732 – Principles of Human Performance Technology
- EDUC 734 – Implementation and Assessment of Multimedia Learning Tools
- EDUC 737 – Ethics and Social Responsibility in Technology
Highlights of Our Instructional Design Doctoral Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can earn your doctorate in instructional design in as little as 2.5 years!
- This program includes a capstone project, which allows you to contribute to the base of knowledge in your field and develop hands-on research skills for your career.
EdD in Instructional Design Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for Our Instructional Design EdD
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of the Online EdD in Instructional Design and Technology
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- Instructional designer
- K-12 educational technology director
- University administrator
- University professor
Admission Requirements for Our Online Doctorate in Instructional Design
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.