Equip Children for a Bright Future with an Online Education Degree
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education online degree program will give you the tools you need to help children be successful in their educational journey. A degree in elementary education will equip you with foundational skills in methodology and learning theory while you examine current trends and practices used in both public and private school.
Our elementary education degree online classes are designed to give you pre-teacher preparation with the opportunity to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and units. You will also learn specialized educational evaluation methods such as Differentiated Learning and Direct Instruction. The Elementary Education online degree compliments our Masters of Arts in Teaching, which gives you a basis in education knowledge to prepare for a teaching career as well as a degree path for licensure.
Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) as an educator preparation provider. Students who complete their bachelor’s degree can move into one of our many NCATE approved licensure-track graduate education programs.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Elementary Education Degree Online?
Liberty’s B.S. in Elementary Education degree can be completed 100% online from the comfort of your own home. Our flexible coursework is designed to fit your schedule, not the other way around. You will be provided with training in critical learning theories, teaching best practices, and cutting-edge teaching technology, while learning from professionals with real-world classroom experience who can give personal examples and mentor you in your teaching process. You will also have the opportunity for hands-on experience through our online education degree’s optional practicum, which allows you to embed yourself in a local school or education center. You can invest yourself in Liberty’s NCATE-accredited online teaching degree with the confidence that your expertise will be respected.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Elementary Education Degree Online?
The U.S. Department of Labor projects a 6 percent employment growth for elementary school teachers. The number of classes needed to accommodate an increasing amount of students coming into elementary schools over the next decade is expected to create more teaching jobs. Employment growth varies by region and population disbursement.* Liberty’s online teaching degree will help you take advantage of the increased need for elementary education professionals so that you can pursue a rewarding career.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) as an education preparation provider. Students who complete their bachelor’s degree can move into one of our NCATE accredited licensure-track graduate education programs.
- Our Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education was ranked the #3 most affordable Elementary Education online degree by AffordableColleges.com as well as #5 best online Elementary Education program by Bestcolleges.com.
Occupational Information Network (O*NET) under the sponsorship of the U.S. Department of Labor/Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Information obtained on September 19, 2017.Data obtained from the
What Will You Learn in Our Online Elementary Education Degree?
Completing Liberty University’s online teaching degree in Elementary Education will give you a thorough background in educational theories and tools needed to create a safe, creative, and fun learning environment to help children from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds achieve their educational best. Liberty’s online teaching degree is designed to prepare students with the practical, ethical and legal understanding necessary to ensure they can meet the challenges of current-day teaching environments.
While completing Liberty’s online teaching degree in Elementary Education, you will study critical learning theories while creating strong portfolios and curriculum that will demonstrate your expertise to future employers. If you elect to complete the optional practicum, you will apply these skills in a hands-on teaching environment in your area, giving you more opportunities for marketable experience.
Elementary Education Degree Online Featured Courses
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Elementary Education Degree
- By earning your Online Education Degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
You will gain a broad-based foundation in major course areas needed for furthering your education and to seek licensure at the master’s level while ensuring you fulfill content knowledge requirements.
- You will develop age-appropriate classroom management skills and understanding of elementary education research to ensure that you keep up with the latest best practices and research.
- Through the optional Practicum, you can gain hands-on experience in your community.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Online Elementary Degree Information and Requirements
- This program is not designed to fulfill all licensure requirements.
- For information on how you can complete the 5th year through the Master of Arts in Teaching to fulfill licensure requirements, please contact an Admission Counselor at (800) 424-9595.
- One optional 300-hour practicum is available for hands-on experience.
- An education background check is required after the completion of EDUC 200 and EDUC 205.
- Visit the School of Education to find out more about faculty and teaching resources.
- View the Degree Completion Plan for a list of official course content and suggested sequence.
- View the Undergraduate Course Syllabi. (login required)
Potential Career Options with an Elementary Education Degree Online
- Education Centers
- Education Ministry
- Paraprofessional Teaching
- Private School
Pursuing Liberty’s online teaching degree will equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills needed to prepare them to teach elementary-level children starting their educational journey. With the broad-based foundational content and specialized teaching content of the online teaching degree in Elementary Education, you will be well on your way to meet state-regulated teaching requirements.
Students who pursue additional licensure requirements through their state or the Master of Arts in Teaching will fulfill the other residential requirements, which may allow them to pursue state licensure. Students who complete the elementary education degree online without licensure may apply for their teaching skills paraprofessional teaching roles, in private schools who do not require licensure, and in tutoring or homeschool environments.
Admission Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Education
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.