Help Lay the Foundation for a Child’s Educational Journey with an Undergraduate Certificate in Preschool Studies
Preschool teachers often lay the foundation for a child’s entire educational career. Liberty University’s Undergraduate Preschool Certificate program will prepare you to handle this responsibility with confidence. Whether you currently work in a daycare, preschool, or Sunday school setting, the early childhood education and psychology courses within our preschool certificate program will teach you how to effectively manage a classroom and meet the learning needs of every student.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Preschool Studies Certificate Online Program?
We understand that many students seeking an Undergraduate Certificate in Preschool may already be busy working professionals, parents, or both, and cannot take time away from their busy lives to attend a residential program. That’s why we are proud to offer an undergraduate preschool certificate program 100% online.
In addition to our flexibility, we are proud to be a Christian university with professors who will teach from a biblical worldview. Earning a degree from Liberty University gives you a credible degree with solid name recognition to set you up for success in your career.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Preschool Studies Certificate Program?
Are you passionate about helping children adjust well to school? For many young children, preschool is the first time they are separated from their parents during the day. Our undergraduate Pre-K certificate is designed to equip you with the skills you need to help every child succeed in this transition period. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s word in order to prepare you for the challenges and responsibilities that may arise in your career.
- EDUC 200 – Principles of Education
- EDUC 205 – Learning Theory & Portfolio Development
- EDUC 210 – Early Childhood Education Fundamentals
- EDUC 215 – Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting
- EDUC 304 – Classroom Management for Teachers
- EDUC 305 – Educational Philosophy for Teachers or PSYC 221- Psychology of Childhood
Preschool Certificate Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your undergraduate preschool certificate from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You can complete the online Undergraduate Certificate in Preschool studies in about two semesters.
- You may apply many credits earned in the program toward an associate or bachelor’s degree after you successfully complete the Pre-K certificate.
Similar Online Programs
You may also be interested in taking the next step in your education with Liberty’s online associate degree in Early Childhood Education or the B.S. in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies online program.
Preschool Certificate Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- Gainful Employment Data
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Undergraduate Preschool Certificate
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete a High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.