Help Lay the Foundation for a Child’s Educational Journey with an Online Preschool Teacher Certification
Preschool teachers often lay the foundation for a child’s entire educational career. Liberty University’s undergraduate preschool certificate program can prepare you to take this responsibility with confidence. Do you work with children in a daycare, preschool, or Sunday school setting? Our Preschool Certificate courses can help teach you how to effectively manage a classroom and meet the learning needs of every student.
Median Annual Wage
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, at Preschool Teachers (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Preschool Teacher Certification Online?
We understand that many students seeking an undergraduate Preschool Certificate are busy working professionals, parents, or both. Our students may not be able to take time away from their busy lives to attend a residential program. That’s why we are proud to offer an undergraduate preschool certificate program 100% online.
In addition to our flexibility, we are a Christian university with professors who teach from a biblical worldview. Earning a certificate from Liberty University gives you a credible credential with solid name recognition that can help set you up for success in your career.
Preschool Certificate Potential Career Options
Our Preschool Certificate can help you prepare for a career in education. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our Preschool Certificate:
- Homeschool teacher
- Preschool teacher
- Teaching assistant
The skills that you gain from our Preschool Certificate can be an asset as your pursue careers in early childhood education settings. Additionally, you may apply many credits earned in the program toward an associate or bachelor’s degree after you successfully complete the preschool studies certificate.
Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with Liberty University’s undergraduate preschool certificate.
Additional education may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Preschool Teaching Certificate Online?
Are you passionate about helping young children adjust to attending school? For many young children, preschool is the first time they are separated from their parents during the day. Our undergraduate Pre-K certificate is designed to equip you with the skills you need to help every child succeed in this transition period.
Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality education possible, based on the principles of God’s Word. You can prepare for the challenges and responsibilities that may arise in your career.
How do you get certified to be a preschool teacher?
One way you can become a preschool teacher is by completing an early childhood education certificate online program. Liberty University’s Preschool Certificate can help! This program is designed to help you understand child development and how to manage a classroom full of infants and toddlers. You will study education principles, learning theory, and wellness in the early childhood setting.
Plus, Liberty’s Christian Preschool Certificate incorporates biblical principles into every course. You will understand how to communicate with and teach young children from a compassionate and ethical perspective.
What is the best online school for early childhood education?
If you’re planning to pursue an early childhood certification online, you want to make sure you’re committing to the best school for your needs. Liberty University’s online Preschool Certificate program can provide you with a quality education that will work for you.
Here are some reasons why Liberty’s program stands out:
- This certificate is offered 100% online, allowing you to complete your coursework on your own schedule.
- You can complete this certificate in as little as 1 or 2 semesters and start your career faster.
- Your professors have experience as educators working with young children and are excited to pass on their expertise to you.
- With Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can be assured that you’re learning how to teach children ethically with biblical principles in mind.
- EDUC 200 – Principles of Education
- EDUC 205 – Learning Theory and Portfolio Development
- EDUC 210 – Early Childhood Education Fundamentals
- EDUC 215 – Wellness in the Early Childhood Setting
- EDUC 304 – Classroom Management for Teachers
- EDUC 305 – Educational Philosophy for Teachers or PSYC 221 – Psychology of Childhood
Highlights of Liberty University’s Early Childhood Education Certificate
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your preschool certification online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete the online early childhood education certificate in about 2 semesters.
- You may apply many credits earned in the program toward an associate or bachelor’s degree after you successfully complete the preschool studies certificate.
Information for the Certificate in Preschool Teaching
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Preschool Certification
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Preschool Teacher Certificate Program
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.