Grow Your Teaching and Researching Skills with Liberty’s PhD in Educational Leadership
A successful education system requires outstanding leadership and guidance from the top of the organization. With advanced training in educational leadership and research, Liberty University’s 100% online PhD in Educational Leadership degree program will help you gain valuable communication and problem-solving skills based on empirical research to lead your students, faculty, and staff to success.
Our PhD in Educational Leadership online can provide you with the tools and skills you need to lead an educational administration as well as develop research materials and publications to contribute to the body of knowledge in your field. Through this educational leadership doctorate, you can develop the research-based critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary to lead at any level of an educational organization.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Educational Leadership?
Liberty’s online PhD in Educational Leadership can help you build upon your teaching experience and graduate education by developing an in-depth dissertation research topic. You can learn to thoroughly examine literature, design and conduct research, and disseminate said research to other researchers in educational leadership, practitioners, and policymakers.
Furthermore, your educational leadership doctorate is 100% online, which means you are not required to attend courses on campus throughout your degree. We are committed to helping you obtain your degree in a way that is most convenient for you. You will also receive training and instruction from professors who are grounded in their Christian faith and ready to equip you to be a Champion for Christ in the education field.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s PhD in Educational Leadership?
Liberty University’s educational leadership courses integrate theoretical knowledge with the practical skills necessary for effective educational leadership. As you begin our PhD in Educational Leadership degree online, you can learn how to apply organizational theories and models to create and lead higher education organizations and implement best practices. You will also cover issues of effective communication and how to develop productive relationships both inside and outside the school.
Our educational leadership courses teach you how to analyze and evaluate rational and irrational decision-making as it relates to educational leadership and policy formulation. It is important to understand the current issues and trends in educational leadership so you can learn to handle conflict efficiently and effectively.
In addition, you will conduct research and develop your dissertation to contribute to the field of educational leadership. These courses are intense so that you can effectively design and conduct research for your dissertation. This will allow you to take what you’ve gained in your professional degree and apply it to a more focused research doctorate.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDUC 741 – Theories of Educational Leadership
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
- EDUC 840 – Issues and Trends in Educational Leadership
PhD in Educational Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under our School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Potential Career Options with an Educational Leadership Degree
- College or university administrator
- College or university professor and/or researcher
- District administrator
- Educational change agent
- Educational consultant for an education organization or government agency
- Leadership researcher
- Performance improvement officer
- Principal or assistant principal*
*This will require outside licensure
Admission Requirements for Our Online PhD in Educational Leadership
A conferred regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of the Online Educational Leadership PhD Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online PhD in Educational Leadership from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can learn how to create and administer effective educational environments.
- Our Doctor of Philosophy in Educational Leadership program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Our online PhD is a 3-year program that requires 18 hours in educational research courses. Completing your PhD gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the academic pinnacle of your field’s achievement.