Transform Children’s Lives through Specialized Learning with Our Online B.S. in Special Education Degree
You’re passionate about helping all students learn. With a 100% online Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies degree, you can prepare to help your future students thrive by addressing their unique learning styles. Our bachelor’s degree in special education curriculum focuses on education theory, learning disabilities, and adaptation techniques you can easily apply to your work in the classroom. By pursuing our online bachelor’s in special education degree, you can acquire the skills needed to successfully manage your classroom while meeting students’ specific needs.
Liberty University’s School of Education offers programs that are accredited through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Students who complete their bachelor’s degree can move into a licensure-track graduate education program. Our online Special Education bachelor’s degree complements our Master of Arts in Teaching – Special Education, which is NCATE accredited and would be the step needed to obtain your teaching licensure.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Special Education Bachelor’s Degree?
At Liberty University, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. In our special education bachelor’s degree program, you will be immersed in enriching curriculums focused on practical applications. Our professors have real-world special education experience and are passionate about helping you integrate your faith with your profession. Designed to give you maximum flexibility and convenience, our online bachelor’s of special education degree program can give you the foundation you need to teach with excellence and integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s in Special Education Degree Program?
Throughout your online bachelor’s in special education degree program, you will study current, research-based education theories and best practices that can equip you to work effectively with children who have special needs. You will explore philosophical, legal, and sociological principles of special education as well as essential learning theories, equipping you to engage in research and scholarship. Based on this foundation of theory, you will learn specific classroom practices you can use to manage your classroom effectively and reach your students where they are.
Our Online B.S. in Special Education Degree Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online bachelor’s in special education degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Students enrolled in our online Bachelor of Science in Special Education degree will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal and extensive online library.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- BS in Early Childhood Education – Our online Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education Interdisciplinary Studies will equip you to examine specific theories and methodologies of education by studying current trends and practices in public and private schools.
- BS in Elementary Education – The Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education Interdisciplinary Studies is designed to be a pre-teacher preparation program that will give you the opportunity to practice educational planning by creating lesson plans and units.
Our Online Bachelor’s in Special Education Degree Information
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- A background check is required after EDUC 200 and 205.
- This is a non-licensure program.
- View the Undergraduate Advising Guide.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Syllabi. (login required)
Our Special Education Bachelor’s Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Potential Career Options with a Special Education – Interdisciplinary Studies Bachelor’s Degree
Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Special Education Interdisciplinary Studies degree provides the possibility of obtaining a variety of education-related jobs, such as:
- Homeschool Teacher
- Private School Teacher
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.