Lead at the Highest Levels of Education with an Online Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision
Good teachers know the best ways to engage students and foster an environment centered on active learning. But to ensure that school systems and larger-scale education settings also meet rigorous standards for quality, they need specially-trained school administrators. To take your career to the next level, you need strategic training for large-scale administration and cutting-edge research to put into practice. Liberty’s online Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision can give you the tools and credentials you need to be a leader in your school and community. Your doctorate in education will not just change your life – it will change the lives of countless others as you become a leader in education.
What Is School Administration and Supervision?
This school administration and supervision licensure program builds on your graduate-level education theory and practice to equip you for high-level strategic leadership for educational institutions. The Ed.D. is a terminal doctoral degree in education that emphasizes the advanced application of research and cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems in the teaching field.
The school administration and supervision endorsement fulfills licensure-track requirements for many high-level academic leadership roles such as school principal and superintendent. If you want to be a leader in your school district or university, you can look forward to more opportunities when you earn your school administration and supervision certification.
No matter where or in what position you lead, our online EdD will give you the foundation you need to make the impact you always knew you could. By earning your EdD online, you can engage with advanced research and educational strategies while taking advantage of our flexible online format. Through our EdD degree, you can pursue licensure in school administration and supervision so that you can demonstrate your expertise to the education community. Take the next step in your career and help create positive change in your school district with Liberty’s Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision?
Liberty University’s online Ed.D. is designed with practicality and flexibility at its heart. Your success is our success, so we utilize cutting edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Liberty University has been pioneering and growing distance learning since 1985, adapting to meet the educational and career needs of our students. With our online format, you can complete your doctoral courses without having to commute to campus.
With advanced licensure in school administration and supervision, you will have the credential and training you need to pursue leadership roles in schools, school districts, government agencies, higher education, and more. If you have earned an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree, you may be able to transfer up to 27 credit hours into our online Ed.D. so that you can earn your doctorate in as little as 2 years.
Our 100% online Ed.D. program format is designed to complement your schedule, allowing you to continue your education with the flexibility you need to maintain your relationships and responsibilities. Additionally, our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Our School Administration Ed.D. Degree?
In this program, you will gain the skills and tools you need to understand the broader context of current issues in education. You will learn how to apply the latest research and learning theories to solve real-world problems in teaching and study how to create a better learning environment for your students, whether you lead in the classroom or take on an administrative role. Through these courses, you will be taught and mentored by experienced educators with extensive scholarship and research in the field, so you can be sure you will have the support you need as you rise to new levels of leadership in education.
In our online Doctor of Education program, you will explore the complexities that diversity and exceptionality bring to the classroom as well as how to motivate all learners. You will also look at the historical and social foundations of education so you can better communicate with the public as a leader in education.
Through your courses, you will complete research that will build toward your final research project that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills.
- EDUC 701 – Advanced Learning Theory and Research
- EDAS 742 – Educational Leadership and Public Relations*
- EDAS 747 – Advanced Educational Law*
- EDAS 748 – School District Finance and Organizational Management*
*Course guide coming soon
Ed.D. in Educational Leadership Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting.
While completing our Ed.D. in Educational Leadership degree online, you will hone your instructional methods and understanding of learning theory so that you can manage the crucial higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in K-12 and higher education institutions.
Our Online Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision Degree Information
- The Doctor of Education falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Our Doctor of Education Degree’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with an Ed.D. in School Administration
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 teacher or university professor
- School administrator
After completing our Ed.D. in School Administration online program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited degree that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education as well as advanced, higher-order development of curriculum.
The school administration and supervision area of study will give you the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in administrative roles in education. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.D. may provide opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum development or learning tool development companies, or for career advancement.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in School Administration Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Highlights of Our Ed.D. in School Administration Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.D. in School Administration and Supervision degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) standards through the CAEP accreditation system, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education degree from an eligible Ed.S. degree for a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- You will be equipped to step into the role of an administrator with our Ed.D. degree program’s core leadership courses and school administration and supervision advanced licensure.