Krystal L. Clemons, Ph.D.
Core Faculty – School Counseling
- Ph.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision, Old Dominion University
- M.S.Ed. in School Counseling, Old Dominion University
- B.A. in Psychology, University of Virginia
Licenses and Certifications
- PreK-12 School Counseling License – Virginia
- National Certified Counselor
- National Certified School Counselor
- ASCA School Counseling Data Specialist
- ASCA Anxiety and Stress Management Specialist
- ASCA Mental Health Specialist
- ASCA College Admissions Specialist (pending)
Dr. Krystal L. Clemons was a professional school counselor for six years on both the elementary and secondary levels. She previously served as the Graduate Student Vice President for the Virginia School Counselor Association (2014-2015). Dr. Clemons’ dissertation is entitled African American pastors and their perceptions of professional school counseling. Her research interests include the Black church, school counseling in Title I schools, and self-care among school counselors and school counseling students. She has given over 25 presentations on the state, national, and international levels. Dr. Clemons currently serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Negro Education and the Liberty University graduate journal Veritatis.
She is a Nationally Certified Counselor, and a Nationally Certified School Counselor, and holds ASCA specializations in Mental Health, Stress and Anxiety, and School Counseling Data. Dr. Clemons is a member of several organizations, including Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, the American School Counselor Association, the Virginia School Counselor Association, and the Association for Counselor Education and Supervision. Dr. Clemons is a core faculty member in the online school counseling program at Liberty University.