Become a Medical or Health Expert with Our School of Health Sciences
Are you passionate about science or medicine? How about working to improve the lives of others? By pursuing a degree within our School of Health Sciences, you will be set up for an exhilarating career in a scientific or health field.
We understand that you love science. You love God, and you’re excited about His creation and how we can use it to better the lives of others. We’re excited to provide degrees that help you reach your personal and career goals!
You may be ready to pursue a career as a scientist, teacher, doctor, or public health professional. You can be prepared for whatever field you choose with one of our health sciences degrees. So don’t wait any longer! Start living out your dream and pursue your calling today.
School of Health Sciences Programs
Why Choose Liberty’s School of Health Sciences?
At Liberty University, we want you to receive a top-notch education that prepares you to enter the career field of your choice or apply to prestigious graduate programs. With a degree from our School of Health Sciences, you’ll be able to do just that.
Our School of Health Sciences has three different departments, each with its own unique programs and benefits.
- Our Department of Biology and Chemistry offers degrees ranging from pre-med and biotechnology to forensic science.
- The Department of Allied Professions has state-of-the-art technology available to students as well as programs in athletic training, exercise science, physical education, and respiratory therapy.
- Our Department of Public Health prepares you to enter your career field upon graduation or use it as an alternate track to medical school.
Check out more about our School of Health Sciences departments below to see their benefits and discover the degree that best fits your career goals.
Department of Biology and Chemistry
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (B.S.)
- Biology (B.S.)
- Biomedical Sciences (pre-med) (B.S.)
- Biomedical Sciences – Global Studies (B.S.)
- Biopsychology (B.S.)
- Biotechnology (B.S.)
- Chemistry (B.S.)
- Environmental Biology (B.S.)
- Forensic Science (B.S.)
- Zoo and Wildlife Biology (B.S.)
- Zoology (pre-vet) (B.S.)
- Anatomy and Cell Biology (Ph.D.)
- Labs are associated with almost every course giving you hands-on experience in the classroom.
- Experienced and professional faculty teach your classes and labs.
- You will receive well-rounded training in the theories surrounding the creation of the universe with our emphasis on creationism and evolution.
- You have many opportunities to be involved in research projects with faculty.
- Our biomedical sciences degree prepares you to enter medical school.
- Our zoology degree prepares you to enter veterinary school.
Department of Allied Professions
- Exercise Science – Fitness Specialist (B.S.)
- Exercise Science – Strength and Conditioning Specialist (B.S.)
- Exercise Science – Therapeutic Science (B.S.)
- Physical Education and Health – Non-Licensure (B.S.)
- Respiratory Therapy (B.S.)
- Exercise Science and Wellness (M.S.)
- Human Performance (M.S.)
- Gain hands-on experience using technologically advanced facilities including our Human Performance Lab, Motion Analysis Lab, Functional Assessment Labs, and Standardized Patient Assessment Lab.
- Our programs prepare you to enter the career field of your choice.
- Our exercise science – therapeutic science degree will prepare you for graduate school programs in fields like physician assistant, chiropractic care, or physical therapy.
Department of Public and Community Health
- Public Health – Health Promotion (B.S.)
- Public Health – Pre-Clinical (B.S.)
- Public Health (MPH)
- Prepares you to take the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification exam.
- Prepares you to enter your career field upon graduation.
- You can also use on one of our bachelor’s degrees in public health to prepare for graduate school, where you can pursue studies in public health, health administration, nutrition, dietetics, physician’s assistant, physical therapy, occupational therapy, chiropractic school, and medical school.
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.