Diligently Pursue God’s Calling for Your Life with a Religious Master’s Degree from Liberty
God’s plan looks different for each of us. You may be called to work overseas as a teacher or missionary to children who have never heard about Jesus. You may be passionate about planting churches around the country. Whatever ministry role you have been called to, we want you to have the tools you need to be sharpened and refined. Liberty’s divinity master’s degrees are designed to help equip you with the training and knowledge you need to an effective ministry leader.
Our graduate degrees in divinity are led by professors who are still active in research and publishing. We are committed to providing academic excellence founded on the authority of scripture and conservative evangelical theology. As a student with us, you will have opportunities to meet with Christian leaders from all types of organizations, from the Summit Church to Second Baptist Houston. Gain invaluable networks by partnering with a school known for its caliber of religious programs.
Our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity offers extensive resources to students like you. Our 17-story Freedom Tower houses our Scriptorium, various interactive classrooms, and state-of-the-art teaching labs. Additionally, to help ease the burden of fitting classes into busy schedules, we offer classes that meet only once a week. Let us help you free up your schedule as you earn a degree in religious studies. Prepare diligently and make a world of difference wherever you go.
Your divinity degree is approved by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and has met rigorous accreditation standards. You can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Available Degree Programs
Biblical Exposition (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Biblical Exposition is a 36 credit hour degree that focuses on developing advanced research skills while examining both the Scriptures and related conservative evangelical literature. Students will also examine the linguistics of the original Hebrew and Greek language to broaden their understanding of biblical text.
Biblical Studies (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Biblical Studies is a 36 credit hour degree that examines the various books of the Bible, syntax, and exogenesis of the original Greek and Hebrew language, hermeneutics, and research for ministry preparation. This course is ideal for students wishing to pursue a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies.
Christian Apologetics (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics is a 36 credit hour degree that provides an intensive study of the Scriptures with an emphasis in defending Christianity’s truth claims. This program is a thesis track, which makes it a great option for students looking to later pursue our Ph.D. in Theology and Apologetics degree.
Our Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics (Non-Thesis) is a 36 credit hour degree that provides an intensive study of the Scriptures with an emphasis in defending Christianity’s truth claims. As a non-thesis track, you will be able to choose an elective course and complete an apologetics capstone class.
Christian Ministry (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Christian Ministry is a 36 credit hour degree designed to equip the next generation of ministry leaders in the specialized area of Christian discipleship. The program focuses on biblical leadership principles and intercultural engagement in addition to Old and New Testament study.
Global Studies (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Global Studies is a 36 credit hour degree that seeks to prepare students for effective engagement in intercultural careers and service. Learn intercultural theory and its practical application to lead in various global contexts.
Master of Divinity (M.Div.)
Our Master of Divinity is our most comprehensive graduate-level seminary program for ministers, missionaries, and ministry professionals. This 75-93 credit hour program is designed to prepare men and women for professional Christian ministry in local church and parachurch organizations.
Our Master of Arts in Religion is a 60 credit hour degree designed to be an entry level and general professional degree in religion to give intensive study in the Scriptures. This program is especially useful for pastors and ministry leaders, as well as an opportunity for potential advanced studies in a Master of Divinity degree.
Theological Studies (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Theological Studies is a 36 credit hour degree program that provides students with the theological foundation to serve more effectively in the local church, community, and world contexts. This program can be used as a foundational degree towards admission into our Master of Arts in Religion or Master of Divinity programs.
Why Choose Liberty’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity for a Master’s Degree?
Pursue your passion for ministry with Liberty University. Our nonprofit, Christian university provides you with state-of-the-art facilities where you can practice your craft, academic and professional resources, and growth opportunities like no other. With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we strive to help raise the next generation of Christian leaders to serve with integrity and excellence.
As a graduate divinity student, you will have experienced professors and cutting-edge facilities at your disposal. Study on our campus and receive some of the following benefits:
- Learn under professors who are published and advanced in their field as you pursue a degree founded on the authority of Scripture and conservative evangelical theology.
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is the world’s largest accredited school for religious studies and ministerial training.
- Pursue a divinity degree from Liberty to gain internship opportunities with churches and parachurches locally, nationally, and globally.
- Our 17-story School of Divinity Freedom Tower contains various classrooms, including a 7-projector immersive classroom, an interactive classroom that utilizes teleconferencing capabilities, and state-of-the-art homiletics teaching lab.
- Our Freedom Tower’s Scriptorium houses a $1 million collection of rare books and Bibles donated by the Rawlings family.
- Optional Monday-only courses are available for students juggling work, family, studies, and church commitments.
- Our graduate ministerial students are eligible for the Keesee scholarship; check out the applicant requirements to see if you qualify!
As you pursue your degree, you will gain hands-on experience by using the resources in our School of Business building! You will have the opportunity to study in operational information technology labs and network and data centers. Additionally, try your hand at trading stocks in our simulated stock trading room, or in the 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation.
You also have the opportunity to get involved with our student organizations and honor societies. From our Accounting Society to our Technology & Engineering Club, you will gain invaluable insight from peers and professionals alike! Some of the other opportunities you will find in our School of Business include:
- Over 25 areas of study.
- 3+1 accelerated business degrees, so you can walk away with your bachelor’s and master’s degree in just 4 years!
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Center for Cyber Security
John W. Rawlings School of Divinity Master’s Degree Information
- 36-93 total credit hours
- Transfer in up to 50% of your credits
- View our course catalog
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Self-certification form for students in the final term of their bachelor’s degree
- John W. Rawlings School of Divinity questionnaire
- Pastoral recommender contact information
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account