Grow Your Ministry Potential with a Master’s Degree in Music from Liberty University
You have been looking for the next step. Where will you go from here? Do you want to work in a school or collegiate setting, investing your love of music into the next generation of musicians? Or do you prefer the stage, where you can feel God’s presence as you sing and lead others around you to worship? If either of these paths excites you, consider Liberty’s School of Music master’s degrees!
At Liberty, we offer a variety of graduate degrees in music to better target the needs of our growing student population. Our master’s degree in music education is designed to train students who wish to teach music in elementary, secondary, and collegiate school settings. We also have a music and worship master’s degree, as well as a program focused on worship studies specifically.
Whether you are looking for a graduate program to advance your current career in worship ministry, gain specific credentials, or to start fresh in the field of professional worship, we have a degree for you. Bring your passion for music to a school dedicated to seeing God glorified through it. We want to help you achieve your career goals in music, so let us help you take your next step. Check out our residential music master’s degrees below to find the best match for your unique aspirations.
Available Degree Programs
Music and Worship (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Music and Worship degree is designed to prepare leaders for worship ministry in the evangelical community, through worship teaching, training, and an analysis of the impact culture has had on music in the local church.
Music Education (M.A.)
Why Choose Liberty’s School of Music Master’s Degree?
Continue your music education with a school dedicated to your success. Partner with Liberty’s resources, mentors, and opportunities, so we can help orchestrate your skills and passions, putting you on track for the career you have been called to! So what makes our School of Music stand out?
High Marks across the Board
- We are currently the nation’s seventh-largest school of music!
- Our program is rated #1 Christian music school by Christian Universities Online.
- We are a designated “All Steinway” school, which means every piano on campus is from the prestigious Steinway company.
- The School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Our 141,000-square-foot Center for Worship has been voted “Best of the Best in Higher Education” six years in a row by Worship Leader Magazine.
Professional Resources You Can Count on to Develop Your Talent
- Our $2.2 million recording studio and Liberty Music Group (LMG) publishing company.
- The Center for Music and the Worship Arts building, which contains a 1,600 seat concert hall, state-of-the-art lighting and audio technology, various rehearsal halls and classrooms, and two state-of-the-art Mac labs.
- You’ll have access to 45 full-time faculty with degrees from many of the most prestigious music schools in the nation.
Opportunities to Take Your Skills to the Next Level
- Our students compete in state and regional competitions, perform at events such as the ACDA National Convention and Inaugural Prayer Service, and produce albums that have been nominated for various awards.
- Partnering with our facilities, resources, and experienced faculty, our alumni have gone on to become Dove award-winning Christian artists and songwriters.
You deserve to fine-tune your musical ability and worship skills with the best industry equipment under the most experienced mentors. We believe we have what you need to succeed in the competitive field of music. Let our award-winning facilities, students, and professors invest in you, so you can achieve more than you ever dreamed possible.
As you pursue your degree, you will gain hands-on experience by using the resources in our School of Business building! You will have the opportunity to study in operational information technology labs and network and data centers. Additionally, try your hand at trading stocks in our simulated stock trading room, or in the 2,000-square-foot Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation.
You also have the opportunity to get involved with our student organizations and honor societies. From our Accounting Society to our Technology & Engineering Club, you will gain invaluable insight from peers and professionals alike! Some of the other opportunities you will find in our School of Business include:
- Over 25 areas of study.
- 3+1 accelerated business degrees, so you can walk away with your bachelor’s and master’s degree in just 4 years!
- Center for Entrepreneurship
- Center for Cyber Security
School of Music Master’s Degree Information
- Residential format
- 39-42 total credit hours
- Transfer up to 50% of your credits
- View our course catalog
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements* for admission:
- Admission application
- Self-certification form(for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
- A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing
*Some programs may have additional requirements. Review the specific degree page for more information.