Continue Your Public Health Training with Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion
Whether your bachelor’s degree is related to the field of health sciences or not, our Graduate Certificate in Health Promotion can help you prepare for a career in public health. Imagine gaining the skills you need to implement health and wellness methods for countless people. If you are looking to take the next step towards a career in this field, but aren’t sure if you want to go straight into a master’s degree, our graduate certificate may be for you!
Our health promotion certificate can help you learn how to manage health planning, communication, and advocacy. Our courses are designed to give you real-world principles to apply in areas such as disease prevention and lifestyle improvement. Whatever population you feel passionate about serving with your career, our health promotion courses will train you with excellence and integrity.
And if you are looking to complete a Master of Public Health in Health Promotion degree down the road, this program will provide you with foundational knowledge in health promotion methods and best practices. Not only that, but your courses will transfer seamlessly into our public health and health promotion master’s degree so that once you start your graduate degree, you can finish in a third of the time.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank as Niche.com’s #4 college campus in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
What Will You Learn?
As you pursue our health promotions certificate, you will study public health issues as they relate to community health at the local, state, and national levels. Our courses focus on acquiring relevant data to create effective program plans and assessments for specific people groups. Additionally, you will get the chance to use your research to explore counseling, public campaigns, social media, and political processes to advocate for better health among diverse populations.
View the Certificate Completion Plan, and check out the courses you will be taking in our health promotion certificate!
HLTH 630 – Principles of Community Health
HLTH 632 – Health Program Planning
HLTH 633 – Health Program Evaluation
HLTH 634 – Health Communication and Advocacy
HLTH 635 – Health Agency Management
Highlights of Our Health Promotion Certificate
- Join our Eta Sigma Gamma chapter to receive career and professional growth opportunities.
- Potential certification as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) and in Public Health (CPH).
- Our professional-level research equipment includes a gene sequencer, tissue culture facility, fluorescent microscope, LICOR imager, and more.
- As a teaching university, experienced professors teach the classes and labs you take. Our faculty are experienced in academia, industry, and government, holding doctoral degrees from leading institutions nationwide.
- Immerse yourself in engaging research projects where you could study algae biofuels, Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, DNA analysis, crayfish parasites, and more!
Health Promotion Certificate Information
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents* and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 2.5 GPA or higher
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.