Gain Critical Knowledge and Earn College Credit with an Associate Degree in Mathematics
An exciting and financially rewarding career is waiting for you! Equip yourself with the tools you need to land a position in insurance, operations research, finance, or engineering. A great way to get started on the right track is to pursue an associate degree in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Our Associate of Science in STEM Mathematics degree presents the basic concepts and methods in modern mathematics to develop your ability to think critically and apply advanced concepts to various disciplines. A degree in mathematics, at any level, shows employers that you have the commitment, intelligence, and problem-solving skills necessary for a wide variety of career paths. If your career path is still unclear, an associate degree in STEM mathematics provides the foundational credentials and training you may need for success in any career you choose.
Why Choose Liberty’s Associate Degree in STEM Mathematics?
If you choose to pursue our associate degree in STEM with a focus in mathematics, you will receive advanced training beyond what the majority of the public will ever pursue. Our STEM courses will teach you how to analyze and synthesize God’s design of the world and its reflection in mathematical and formulaic laws.
Starting your academic journey with an associate degree is a great way to find your professional passions. While you complete mathematics courses, you will also take general education courses, which can help you decide the career field you want to pursue before committing to a more specialized bachelor’s degree.
Once you discover the area of study that speaks to your talents and goals, all the credit hours you complete in this associate degree can be used towards completing a bachelor’s degree! By doing so, you will likely only need to complete 60 more credits to obtain your undergraduate degree with Liberty. Let us help you pursue your dreams without sacrificing precious time or creating unnecessary anxiety.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate Degree in STEM Mathematics?
Get equipped with the mathematical and computing skills you’ll need to stay competitive in today’s digitally advanced world. Our A.S. in STEM Mathematics teaches you how to solve complex problems using precise mathematical, technological, and scientific processes.
By specializing your studies in STEM, you will dive into complex mathematics with courses focused in algebra, statistics, calculus, and geometry. The following are some of the specific topics you will explore in our STEM degree:
- Computer ethics and algorithm design
- Functions, logarithms, limits, and derivatives
- Techniques and applications of differentiation
- Boolean algebra
- Probability distributions, statistical interference, and correlation
CSIS 110 – Introduction to Computing Sciences
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An introduction to the computing disciplines, with an emphasis on computer ethics and how computing technology impacts the world.
- Topics include computing history, discrete mathematics, computer architecture and organization, algorithm design, computer crime, and codes of conduct.
MATH 131 – Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Students will work with functions and graphs, exponential, logarithmic, and inverse trigonometric limits.
- Other topics that will be covered include derivatives, techniques of differentiation, continuity, applications of differentiation, L’Hopital’s Rule, and the integral.
MATH 211 – Introduction to Statistical Analysis
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- An introduction to statistical analysis for students with a background in calculus.
- Included in the topics covered are probability distributions, expectation, statistical inference, regression, and correlation.
Highlights of Our STEM Mathematics Associate Degree Program
- Our degree in STEM mathematics can prepare you for numerous careers in an ever-growing field.
- You will develop the advanced mathematical skills necessary to succeed in countless bachelor’s degrees and financially rewarding occupations.
- All of our professors have real-life experience in the field and teach from a biblical worldview.
- We are a teaching university, which means our professors are in the classroom working hands-on with you every week.
Associate of Science in STEM Mathematics Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Associate in STEM Mathematics Graduates
- Data analyst
- Engineering technician
- Logistics analyst
- Software development engineer
- Systems engineer
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission for Spring, Summer, and Fall 2021 applicants)
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.