Become an Industry Leader in the Exciting Field of Unmanned Aircraft
Are you considering a career in the growing field of military or commercial drone operation? Liberty University offers a certificate in medium unmanned aerial systems (UAS) that you can complete in just one semester! That means you can pursue your career goals, earn credentials in your field, and get to work without stopping to complete a 2- or 4-year degree.
Even if you already work in the field of aviation, pursuing certification can help you stand out for promotions, new positions, or increased earning potential. Our UAS certificate can help you become exceptionally more marketable to employers as you study hands-on with our partner, Textron Systems – a trusted leader in unmanned aircraft since the 1980s.
The UAS industry is expanding at an increasing rate with the market for commercial and civilian drones anticipated to grow by about 20% by 2020.
Our School of Aeronautics is a center of excellence for aviation professionals and seeks to inspire the next generation of Christian aviation leaders. Let us come alongside you to provide the training you need to make an impact in this cutting-edge industry.
At Liberty, you’ll find an affordable, high-quality education that equips students like you for the real world. Our commitment to excellence helped us rank as Niche.com’s #4 college campus in America. Earning your degree from a nonprofit university with state-of-the-art resources like ours can help set you apart from your peers.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Medium UAS?
You can be confident that your undergraduate certificate in medium UAS will help you become more hirable as you learn how to fly and maintain an industry-leading UAS platform. This program can help you obtain certification as a UAS crew member and maintenance technician. We work with Textron Systems to cross-train all our students in both flight and maintenance operations.
Some of the other key concepts you will learn in our medium UAS program include:
- How to launch, fly, and recover a fully autonomous fixed-wing aircraft
- How to work in team settings with hands-on projects and simulators
- How to maintain equipment and troubleshoot issues
- Safety and integrity principles vital to the aviation discipline
View the Certificate Completion Plan, and check out the courses you will be taking in our certificate program!
- AVIA 230 – Unmanned Aerial Systems
- AVIA 323 – UAS Avionics and Powerplants
- AVIA 335 – Medium UAS Ground and Flight I
- AVIA 446 – Medium UAS Ground and Flight II
- AVIA 447 – Medium UAS Ground and Flight III
- AVMX 445 – Medium UAS Maintenance I
Highlights of Our Unmanned Aerial Systems Certificate
- After completion, students will have 10+ hours of actual flight time and another 18-20 hours of simulated flight time.
- This program qualifies as a job training certification.
- This certificate is great for students with a civilian or military aviation maintenance background, as it allows for more training and specific industry certification in UAS maintenance.
- You can get closer to your career goals without spending the time and money associated with a bachelor’s degree.
- If you choose to pursue our Bachelor of Science in Unmanned Aircraft Operations or our Bachelor of Science in Aviation Maintenance – UAS, your credits can easily transfer so you can finish your degree faster!
- The UAS industry is a highly specialized and rapidly expanding aviation field.
- Many of the jobs within the UAS field support our nation’s infrastructure and military, both nationally and around the world.
- This certificate is approved for VA benefits so you can use your GI Bill® to find a career in UAS.
Medium Unmanned Aerial Systems Certificate Information
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores (Liberty University is offering test-optional admission through Fall 2023 acceptance)
- Admission essay
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.