Get Reimbursed for Traveling to an LU Event
Prospective Student Events
If you travel to a Prospective Student Event (e.g. College For A Weekend (CFAW), ExperienceLU, or DecideLU) via train, rental car, plane, or bus and then enroll as a student, we will reimburse your fare up to $750 once you begin your classes.
Please Note: The only Prospective Student Events that are eligible for travel reimbursement are College For A Weekend (CFAW), DecideLU, and ExperienceLU. This offer does not extend to other events or daily tours.
Travel Expenses Applicable to Reimbursement
- Public or rented transportation to Liberty University. If you travel to a location other than Lynchburg, you may be reimbursed if you rent a car for travel to Lynchburg, or utilize Transit Services to travel to Liberty. While personal transportation, such as a personal vehicle, may be used, it will not be reimbursed. In addition, the university does not offer shuttle services to and from various public transportation pick-up/drop-off locations.
- Domestic and international travel.
- One-time reimbursement. Students who attend more than one Prospective Student Event are not eligible for more than one reimbursement.
Travel Expenses Not Applicable to Reimbursement
Charges that will not be reimbursed include, but are not limited to:
- Checked baggage fees
- Flight change fees
- Seat upgrade fees
- Travel insurance, ticket insurance, or any other type of insurance (including renter’s insurance for car rentals)
- Gas for a rental car or personal car
- Hotel expenses
- Tips, valet costs, concierge fees, etc.
Reimbursements may only be requested after Add/Drop Week. Reimbursement requests must be received by the last day of classes of your first semester.
The following printed information must be brought to a Student Accounts representative in the Student Service Center (no electronic submissions will be approved):
- Your registration receipt from the event you attended, or the registration confirmation email.
Don’t have either of these? Come see us anyway! We will take a look through our registration archives for a record of your attendance.
- Your travel itinerary. This should have your name on it, with dates that correspond to the event for which you attended, as well as the price for your ticket with an itemized list of costs. It should also contain your departure and arrival destinations. If your itinerary does not show that your final destination was Lynchburg, VA., you must provide receipts showing that you rented a car to get to Lynchburg, VA.
- Your Liberty ID Card/Flames Pass.
Contact: Student Accounts
Call | (434) 592-3600
Location | Green Hall, Room 1896
Student Accounts Hours
Monday-Friday | 8 a.m.-5 p.m.