Prepare for Your Future in Public Health with a Graduate Certificate in Nutrition
Now that you’ve completed your bachelor’s degree, you may be wondering what’s next. If you are interested in pursuing a master’s degree but want to get your feet wet first, a graduate certificate is a great route to take. And if your dream career involves the health and nutrition field, Liberty’s Graduate Certificate in Nutrition can help you get started.
Our nutrition certificate is designed to prepare you for the world of public health, specifically as it relates to human nutrition. Our courses will help you develop best practices in disease prevention while equipping you to improve quality of life across various populations. As obesity and dietary complications rise in our nation, your skills in this field will be very marketable and sought after.
Aside from completing master’s level courses, you may be wondering what you will gain by earning a graduate certificate in this field. First of all, our nutrition certificate is a great way to see how you do at the graduate level while adding to your professional resume. Second, if you foresee future graduate studies in our Master of Public Health – Nutrition degree, you will be able to transfer in all of your completed credits and finish your degree in a third of the time.
What Will You Learn?
Our Graduate Certificate in Nutrition focuses on major areas of illness and disease prevention. Discover how to combat diabetes, obesity, and eating disorders using current research in genetics, chronic disease, and medical nutritional therapy. Since this certificate is not geared to the medical field, you will develop more holistic methods for supporting healthy lifestyles at a larger scale, not just for individuals.
View the Certificate Completion Plan, and check out the courses you will be taking in our nutrition certificate!
- HLTH 640 – Principles of Nutrition
- HLTH 642 – Food-borne Illness Prevention
- HLTH 643 – Nutrition and Chronic Disease
- HLTH 644 – Diabetes, Obesity, and Eating Disorders
- HLTH 645 – Performance Nutrition for the Physically Active
Highlights of our Nutrition Certificate
- Potential certification as a Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) and in Public Health (CPH).
- You will have the opportunity to join Eta Sigma Gamma and improve career opportunities and professional growth development.
- Meet with like-minded professionals who have the same goals of improving community health locally and globally.
Nutrition Certificate Information
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents* and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 2.5 GPA or higher
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.