Pursue a Future in Higher Education, Clinical Counseling, and More with Liberty!
Are you excited to continue your studies into a graduate degree program? Do you want to seek career advancement, licensure, or a path to future doctoral studies? Whatever your reason is for furthering your education, we want to help.
All of our behavioral sciences master’s degrees are designed to meet the needs of the respective fields. Become a licensed counselor in a mental health private practice with our clinical mental health counseling degree. Pursue a career as a researcher or professor with our Master of Science in Psychology.
Looking for a fast-track to your master’s, without specific licensure or certification? We have degrees for that too. Our programs in applied organizational psychology, pastoral counseling, and developmental psychology can be completed in as little as one year.
Partner your aspirations and passions with our level of academic excellence and mission to Train Champions for Christ. Choose Liberty and find the perfect graduate program for your goals!
Available Degree Programs
Applied Industrial/Organization Psychology (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology will give you the knowledge and skill set necessary to apply psychology to the workplace and analyze managerial and employment habits.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling is designed to meet the Virginia requirements for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
Marriage and Family Counseling (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Counseling is designed to meet the Virginia requirements for licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).
Pastoral Counseling (M.A.)
Our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling is designed to prepare students like you to serve in non-clinical counseling settings, such as for the church or other ministries you are involved in.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s Degrees in the School of Behavioral Sciences?
From taking the GRE to finding a major that fits your goals perfectly, pursuing a master’s degree can be overwhelming. Let us help. At Liberty, we offer a variety of graduate programs in behavioral sciences, from clinical licensure tracks to doctoral preparation, and a handful of these degrees require just an application to get started, no testing required! It’s time to take your career to the next level. Why wait?
We want to make it easier for you to land your dream job. Our degrees are created around real-world applications taught by professors with years of field experience. You can trust that you are getting a degree that will equip you for the highest caliber in both clinical and non-clinical occupations, as well as for your future academic endeavors.
Study with us residentially to receive more benefits! Some of the major highlights you will experience include the following:
- Many of our master’s degrees can be completed in as little as one year.
- Our AACC student chapter provides the chance for students like you to grow professionally and spiritually as you network and interact with successful counseling professionals.
- Learn how to conduct research and generate reports appropriate for your future behavioral science-related profession.
- Our student to professor ratio for residential graduate students is 8:1! Our faculty care deeply for their students, praying for, and with them throughout their academic journey.
- Our programs are designed for professionals from all walks of life, not just to help you with career advancement but to help you impact the world and the well-being of others in the spirit of Christian service.
School of Behavioral Sciences Master’s Degree Information
- 30-60 total hours depending on specific degree
- Transfer up to 50% of your credits
- View our course catalog
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents* and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 2.0 GPA or higher
- Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a degree completion application through their ASIST account
*Some degrees may have additional requirements. Review the specific degree page for more information.