Encourage Student Success in Mathematics by Earning an Online Math Specialist Endorsement Master’s Degree
The education system needs leaders in mathematics to present new methods and techniques of teaching that promote positive student experiences. Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education – Math Specialist Endorsement program is designed to provide you with the training and knowledge needed to plan and implement an effective mathematics curriculum.
Individuals who pursue this math specialist endorsement program will have the ability to build upon previous knowledge of education to increase training and skills specifically relating to teaching mathematics. Liberty seeks to equip students pursuing the online master’s in education – math specialist degree with a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge in light of biblically-based principles.
Please note: This program includes the required steps to pursue add-on or advanced licensure, both of which require a math-teaching license in middle or secondary education. If you do not currently have a teaching license, you may be more interested in our Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Math Specialist Endorsement Program?
Liberty University strives to produce educators and school leaders who model high moral and spiritual standards before their peers, dedicating their lives to educational excellence. Liberty University is a nonprofit institution of higher education founded in 1971, and it remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation.
Students pursuing the math specialist endorsement degree program can receive a quality education and be prepared for effective leadership in Christian, public, and private schools. Liberty University’s math specialist endorsement program will provide you with teaching methods to promote critical thinking and increase your knowledge in the field of mathematics.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree that’s more affordable at just $415 a credit hour for full-time students. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
Students enrolled in our online math specialist master’s degree program will have the opportunity to complete an internship, as well as attend two optional intensives located on Liberty University’s campus in Lynchburg, Va. These unique opportunities provide you with the ability to gain practical applications for your newly gained skills and knowledge. If you are able to travel to our campus, our intensives provide you with the chance to develop deeper and more meaningful relationships and professional contacts involved in the program.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Mathematics Specialist Endorsement Program?
Under the training of our seasoned professors, you will learn how to effectively address classroom management, student-learning capabilities, current issues in math, and implementation of technology in the classroom. Liberty’s math specialist endorsement will provide you with theoretical knowledge that can be applied through your internship experience. You will be prepared to meet the needs of all types of learners in the delivery of content and documentation procedures. Intervention and educational identification will also be explored.
Our online math specialist degree will provide training in developing math programs and supporting teachers who work with gifted and special needs students. The online master’s in math specialist endorsement degree also allows you to partake in student research and engage best practices with educational technology for classroom learning enhancement.
- EDUC 521 – Foundations of Exceptionality
- EDUC 530 – Teaching Mathematics
- EDUC 650 – Specialists for Reading/Math Programs
- EDUC 652 – Current Issues in Reading/Math
- The Master of Education with Math Specialist Endorsement falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- A 3-credit-hour internship is a required part of the M.Ed. with Math Specialist Endorsement.
The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved licensure programs. Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state. Students pursuing this concentration for licensure must already hold a math-teaching license in middle or secondary education. For state approval information, visit www.Liberty.edu/StateApprovals.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates per year, and no set login times
Program Highlights of the M.Ed. Degree
- By earning your online M.Ed. in Math Specialist Endorsement degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2019-20 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full-time (at least 9 credits per semester), Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete our M.Ed. in Math Specialist Endorsement degree program in less than 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Education (M.Ed.) – Curriculum and Instruction – Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction can prepare you for leadership roles in Christian, public, and private school systems. Coursework provides focused training for those seeking a position as a K-12 educator or those wanting to further their education.
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) – Our Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree provides a path for students with an education background to advance their teaching skills, as well as provides students wanting to move into a rewarding new career in teaching with the opportunity to seek credentials for licensure. The online M.A.T. degree pairs advanced learning theory with an evidence-based practical methodology to equip teachers to help children and young adults in their educational journey.
Potential Career Options
After completing your M.Ed. with Math Specialist Endorsement degree, you can have the educational edge necessary to succeed in a variety of positions, including:
- Math specialist
- Program specialist
- Elementary/secondary educator
Admission Requirements for the M.Ed.
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.