Gain Expertise in Teaching English with Liberty University’s Curriculum and Instruction Master’s
Are you interested in mastering your use of the English language? Do you want to learn to teach students about literature, writing, and more? With our 100% online Master of Education (MEd) in Curriculum and Instruction – English, you can!
With this program, you will gain the English language training you need as well as practical education skills. Our curriculum will build on your current knowledge and experience, helping you grow your critical thinking, leadership, and literacy skills. No matter your professional goals, our MEd in English can equip you with the knowledge and training you’ll need.
Are online master’s degrees valid?
Yes – as long as you’re pursuing your online degree from a respected, accredited institution, your degree will be valid.
With Liberty, you can rest assured. We are regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Plus, our School of Education is accredited by NCATE, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, through CAEP.
What is curriculum and instruction in education?
This subject area in education involves creating a curriculum and figuring out the best way it can be taught to students. This field focuses on developing teaching materials, tools, and methods that are most effective for and valuable to learners.
Why is English important in a curriculum?
English is a vital part of curriculums from primary to university levels. Students whose first language isn’t English need this subject so they can have a full understanding of other areas of study. Additionally, all students can benefit from the literature and communication skills taught in English instruction.
Why Choose Liberty for Your Online Master’s Degree in English Education?
Liberty’s mission is Training Champions for Christ. Because of this mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do. Our goal is to provide you with a curriculum that can meet your needs as a student and professional.
Here are some of the reasons why Liberty stands out:
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE, the National Council of Accreditation for Teacher Education, through CAEP. Your degree will be respected among employers.
- Our MEd program is offered 100% online. You can continue teaching and spending time with your family while earning an advanced degree.
- Each of our courses is taught from a Christian perspective. With this foundation, you can develop into a leader of integrity and high ethical standards.
How much does it cost to get a master’s degree online?
The cost of a master’s program can vary dramatically between schools and programs. At Liberty, our MEd programs are just $415 per credit hour. Plus, you could receive additional discounts if you are active duty military, a veteran, or a first responder.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in English Education Online?
Through this program, you will learn how to plan and implement an appropriate curriculum at all levels of education. You can gain skills in advanced writing, linguistics, communication, and analysis and acquisition of the English language. Our MEd in Curriculum and Instruction – English can help you establish a firm understanding of curriculum development and classroom management.
- ENGL 654 – Methods of Teaching Writing Across the Curriculum
- ENGL 656 – Studies in World Literatures
- ENGL 664 – English as a World Language
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Master’s in Education
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com – and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your curriculum and instruction online master’s degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s MEd online is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete our master’s degree in English education online in just 1.5 years.
- Benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
Military Benefits for Our Master of Education in English Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Degree Information for Liberty’s MEd in English Education
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program is non-licensure and designed for students who already have a teaching license or do not need one. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider our 100% online Master of Arts in Teaching.
Admission Requirements for Our English Curriculum Master’s Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
What Can I Do with a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – English?
- Curriculum development specialist
- English teacher*
- University professor
*This program is non-licensure and designed for students who already have a teaching license or do not need one. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider our 100% online Master of Arts in Teaching.