Gain Expertise in Teaching English with Our Master of Education in English Degree
Do you want to master your use of the English language while learning how to educate students on how to do the same? With Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English, you can!
If you are interested in a master’s degree in English and teaching, then the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization may be the program for you. This program offers necessary English training while providing practical education skills and is an effective alternative for those wishing to pursue a master’s in English online. The program curriculum builds on your knowledge and experience to grow critical thinking, leadership, and literacy skills. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the education field, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality education based on biblical principles. Our school, by virtue of its commitment to strengthening the mind, body, and soul, educates the whole person as God created us. And with a specialization in English, you can experience more opportunities to use your college experience to impact students from the K-12 level to the college level.
Why Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English Degree?
Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization is an industry leader in online education programs. You will learn from education professionals with real-world experience in educational and professional settings. Liberty’s Master of Education degree allows you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on a traditional college campus.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals by providing a master’s degree that’s more affordable. At just $415 a credit hour for full-time students, you can pursue a teaching career for less.
The Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization may help you become an education professional or provide opportunities for you to advance in your current teaching profession. While individual hiring requirements vary, this program can help prepare you for an adjunct teaching role at the undergraduate college level.
The online M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – English specialization is a great option for teachers with existing licensure wishing to advance their skills in education and English. Many teachers who obtained their licensure through an undergraduate program or are currently teaching English should consider this program because it offers advanced graduate studies in learning theory and curriculum development with an English emphasis.
Additionally, Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization is offered completely online. Our education degrees offer an online classroom experience that is flexible and personal to each student. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English Specialization?
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English is designed to train individuals in planning and implementing appropriate curriculum among a variety of levels. This program can prepare you with the skills necessary for advanced writing, linguistics, communication, and analysis and acquisition of the English language.
An M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – English can help you to establish a firm understanding of curriculum development and classroom management.
- ENGL 654 – Methods of Teaching Writing Across the Curriculum
- ENGL 656 – Studies in World Literatures
- ENGL 664 – English as a World Language
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
Highlights of the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – English Online Program
- By earning your M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – English online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You are able to complete the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction in less than 2 years.
- You can benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
- This program is non-licensure, designed for students with teaching licensure already or those not needing licensure. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider our 100% online Master of Arts in Teaching programs.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- This program is offered in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Careers with the Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction – English Specialization
- Curriculum development specialist
- English teacher*
- University professor
*This program is non-licensure, designed for students with teaching licensure already or those not needing licensure. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider our 100% online Master of Arts in Teaching programs.