Gain Expertise in English Education with Our Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction – English Degree
Do you want to master your understanding of the English language while learning how to educate students in this area? With Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English, you can. Our curriculum is designed with your future in mind. Students interested in a master’s degree in English online who want to advance in education should consider the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization through an online classroom experience that is flexible and personal to each student. The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word. Our school, by virtue of its commitment to strengthening the mind, body, and soul, educates the whole person as God created us. A specialization in English will give you more opportunities to use your college experience to impact students from the elementary to collegiate level.
Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization is offered completely online. This program offers necessary English training while providing practical education skills and is an effective alternative for those wishing to pursue a master’s in English online. The program curriculum builds on your knowledge and experience to grow critical thinking, leadership, and literacy skills. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the education field, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English Degree?
Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization is an industry leader in online education programs. You will learn from education professionals with real-world experience in educational and professional settings. This Master of Education degree, offered with an English specialization, allows you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on a campus.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
The Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction with an English specialization may help you become an education professional or provide opportunities for you to advance in your current teaching profession. While individual hiring requirements vary, this program may better prepare you for an adjunct teaching role at the undergraduate college level. This program could be a better option than an online Master’s degree in English for students aspiring to work in the education profession.
The online M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – English specialization is a great option for teachers with existing licensure wishing to advance their skills in education and English. Many teachers who obtained their licensure through a residential undergraduate education program or are currently teaching English should consider this program because it offers advanced graduate studies in learning theory and curriculum development with an English emphasis.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English Specialization?
Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – English, 100% online program, is designed to train individuals in planning and implementing appropriate curriculum among a variety of levels. This program will prepare you with the skills necessary for advanced writing, linguistics, communication, analysis and acquisition of English and various Modern Languages. This program will help you to establish a firm understanding of curriculum development and classroom management.
- ENGL 656 – Studies in World Literatures
- ENGL 664 – English as a World Language
- ENGL 654 – Methods of Teaching Writing Across the Curriculum
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
Highlights of the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – English Online Program
- By earning your Master of Education Teaching and Learning – English online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- You are able to complete the Masters of Education in Teaching & Learning – English in less than two years.
- Students benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
- *This program is non-licensure, designed for students with teaching licensure already or those not needing licensure. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider the Master of Arts in Teaching programs.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Degree Information and Requirements
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
- This program falls under the School of Education
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required)
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Potential Career Fields with the Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction – English Specialization
- English Teacher*
- University Professor
- Curriculum Development
*This program is non-licensure, designed for students with teaching licensure already or those not needing licensure. Students wishing to pursue licensure should consider the Master of Arts in Teaching programs.