In order to participate in Commencement, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete your degree/certificate application by March 24, 2024
- If approved to attend, submit your Commencement RSVP by March, 24, 2024
- Purchase regalia for Commencement weekend by the given deadline
Eligibility to Participate in Commencement
In order to participate in the Commencement ceremony, you must be actively enrolled in all required coursework prior to the degree/certificate application submission deadline. For work done outside of Liberty University (transfer, CLEP, ICE, etc.), you must provide proof of completion (transcript with final grade) to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are pursuing a Certificate degree, you must successfully complete all certificate requirements prior to or during the Spring 2024 semester in order to attend Commencement.
- Certificate students are not eligible for exceptions to attend. You will not be approved to participate in Commencement and finish certificate requirements in the Summer or Fall terms.
Doctoral Students with Thesis/Dissertation requirements
- Students who are in thesis/dissertation Doctoral programs must be enrolled in all outstanding courses including the defense course during the Spring semester.
- Your degree completion plan audit needs to reflect that you have been registered for the course and you will need to inform our office when it reflects that you are registered.
- If your registration has not been processed but you plan on completing this requirement in the spring semester, please have your Department Chair or corresponding Committee member email Commencement@liberty.edu.
- The student must not lack any degree requirements after the Spring semester.
- The degree/certificate application must be submitted online through ASIST. From the Student tab in ASIST, click on “Student Records” and then “Submit Degree/Certificate Application.”
- A degree/certificate application must be completed before a degree/certificate will be conferred. This application will provide important information for the preparation of your diploma.
- Be aware of the I UNDERSTAND THAT section on the Degree Completion Application. If you have any questions please contact the Registrar’s Office at (434) 592-5100 or email@example.com
- The $100 degree/$50 certificate application fee will be assessed by the Student Accounts Office within 1-2 weeks of the degree/certificate application being submitted and the fee will be added to your account for the semester in which the application is submitted.*
If any information on a degree/certificate application needs to be changed after it has been submitted, please email your Academic Evaluator.
*If you are currently utilizing your GI Bill® and would like for the graduation fee of $100 to be funded by the GI Bill®, your degree/certificate application must be submitted during your last term of courses. If your degree/certificate application is received after the completion of your final courses, or during a term where you are not enrolled in courses, the GI Bill® cannot cover the $100 fee and you will be responsible to cover this charge.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.