In order to participate in the Spring Commencement, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete your degree/certificate application by March 20, 2020
- Complete the Commencement RSVP by March 20, 2020
- Purchase your regalia
Eligibility to Participate in Commencement
In order to participate in the May Commencement ceremony, you must be actively enrolled in all required coursework prior to the degree/certificate application submission deadline. However, you may still participate with two courses remaining (excluding graduate students with thesis/dissertation requirements) if you are enrolled, or plan to enroll as soon as summer registration opens, in those final courses in the summer term following commencement through Liberty University. For work done outside of Liberty University (transfer, CLEP, ICE, etc.), you must provide proof of completion (transcript with final grade) to either your Academic Evaluator or to the Registrar’s Office before the degree/certificate application submission deadline.
Degree in Passing
- If you are a degree in passing student, you are eligible to attend Commencement only if you have successfully completed all degree requirements prior to during the Spring 2020 semester.
- Degree in passing students not eligible for the exception. You will not be approved to participate in Commencement and finish degree requirements in summer.
- If you are a certificate student, you are also eligible to attend Commencement only if you have successfully completed all certificate requirements prior to or during the Spring 2020 semester.
- CRT students are not eligible for the exception. You will not be approved to participate in Commencement and finish degree requirements in summer.
Graduate Students with Thesis/Dissertation requirement
- Students who are in thesis/dissertation degree programs are not under the two courses remaining rule. In order to be eligible to participate, these students must be enrolled in the defense course (690/990) for the Spring semester and successfully defend by April 27, 2020.
- The student must not lack any degree requirements after the Spring semester.
- The degree/certificate application must be submitted online through ASIST. From the Student tab in ASIST, click on “Student Records” and then “Apply To Graduate”.
- A degree/certificate application must be completed by March 20, 2020, in order to guarantee that your name will appear in the 2019 Commencement Program.
- A degree/certificate application must be completed before a degree will be conferred. This application will provide important information for the preparation of your diploma.
- Be aware of the I UNDERSTAND THAT section on the Graduation Application. If you have any questions please contact the Registrar’s Office at (434) 592-5100 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The $100 degree/certificate application fee will be assessed by the Student Accounts Office within 1-2 weeks of the degree/certificate application being submitted and the fee will be added to your account for the semester in which the application is submitted.*
If any information on a degree/certificate application needs to be changed after it has been submitted, please email your Academic Evaluator.
*If you are currently utilizing your GI Bill® and would like for the graduation fee of $100 to be funded by the GI Bill®, your degree/certificate application must be submitted during your last term of courses. If your degree/certificate application is received after the completion of your final courses, or during a term where you are not enrolled in courses, the GI Bill® cannot cover the $100 fee and you will be responsible to cover this charge.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.