Prepare for a Rewarding Career with Liberty’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree is a non-licensure track program designed to help you excel as an educator by providing strong insight and resources from professors with years of real-world experience in the field. The M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction- Special Education program is a great option for currently licensed teachers wishing to gain a master’s degree or students who do not need to become a licensed public school teacher.
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education online degree program will teach you how to make an impact in the lives of exceptional students through different teaching concepts, approaches to learning disabilities, and relational strategies. With classes designed to give you a range of different skills needed to excel in the classroom, our program will ensure that you are fully equipped to enter your career with confidence.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction- Special Education Online Program?
Our Master’s in Special Education will equip you to make positive contributions to the lives of learners through a biblical worldview. Liberty University is proud to offer full accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so your degree will be recognized across the nation. We are proud to offer this program 100% online with no required on-campus intensives, so you can complete this degree without the need to relocate or take time off from work.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skillset, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word and is committed to the University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Specialization?
Liberty University’s online Special Education courses are designed to help you meet the needs of learners through intervention strategies and the use of technology-enhanced learning practices. You can help bridge the gap between current educational theories and practical applications as you study tools, methods, and approaches to enhance the education of the student. Through a fascinating study of autism across the lifespan, our professors will equip you with methods for monitoring the impact of interventions to help children with special learning styles and preferences succeed. We are committed to fostering the success of every learner and helping you excel in your career. With Liberty’s online Special Education Master’s Degree, you will be prepared to enter this ever-expanding career field with confidence.
M.Ed. Special Education Program Highlights
- By earning your Master of Education in Teaching and Learning – Special Education online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- You are able to complete our M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education in less than two years.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the M.Ed. Leadership course guides (login required).
- This program requires a background check.
- A three-credit-hour practicum is an optional part of the M.Ed. program.
- Licensure is not available for this program.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options
- Special Education Teacher
Admission Requirements for the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
Students wishing to become licensed Special Education teachers should consider our Master of Arts in Teaching- Special Education.
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.