Prepare for a Rewarding Career with Liberty’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education
Liberty University’s 100% online master’s in curriculum and instruction – special education degree is a non-licensure track program designed to help you excel as an educator by providing strong insight and resources from professors with years of real-world experience in the field. The M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education program is a great option for licensed teachers wishing to gain a master’s degree or students who are not looking to become a licensed public school teacher.
The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education online degree program will teach you how to make an impact on the lives of exceptional students through different teaching concepts, approaches to learning disabilities, and relational strategies. With classes designed to give you a range of different skills needed to excel in the classroom, our program can help you feel fully equipped to enter your career with confidence.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Online Program?
Our master’s in special education will equip you to make positive contributions to the lives of learners through a biblical worldview. Liberty University is proud to be accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) — this means that your degree will be recognized across the nation. And with a 100% online format and no required on-campus intensives, you can complete this degree without relocating or taking time off from work.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals by providing a master’s degree that’s more affordable. At just $415 a credit hour for full-time students, you can pursue a teaching career for less.
The School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality Christian education based on the principles of God’s Word and is committed to the University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ. With an M.Ed. in special education from Liberty, you can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a lasting impact on your students.
What Will You Learn in Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Specialization?
Liberty University’s online special education courses are designed to help you meet the needs of learners through intervention strategies and the use of technology-enhanced learning practices. You can help bridge the gap between current educational theories and practical applications as you study tools, methods, and approaches to enhance the education of the student. With in-depth studies in areas such as autism across the lifespan, our professors will equip you with methods for monitoring the impact of interventions to help children with special learning styles and preferences succeed.
We are committed to fostering the success of every learner and helping you excel in your career. With Liberty’s online special education master’s degree, you can be prepared to enter this ever-expanding and rewarding career field with confidence.
- EDUC 604 – Foundations of Education
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
- EDUC 626 – Characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder and Assessment
- EDUC 629 – Technology and Diversity
M.Ed. in Special Education Program Highlights
- By earning your Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You are able to complete our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education in less than 2 years.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- A 3-credit-hour practicum is an optional part of the M.Ed. program.
- Licensure is not available for this program. Students wishing to become licensed special education teachers should consider our Master of Arts in Teaching – Special Education.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options
- Special education teacher
Admission Requirements for the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.