Build Up Young Minds With an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education Online Degree
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education online degree is designed to train you in best education practices and techniques for young children. With biblically based educational principles and values, our program can give you the tools to help children develop the life-skills they most need. Liberty University’s master’s in early childhood education provides an advanced curriculum to teach you new methods to understand the needs of early childhood education and teach essential skills and knowledge effectively.
Please note: This program includes the required steps to pursue add-on or advanced licensure, which require initial licensure in teaching. If you do not have an initial teaching license, please see the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Early Childhood Education Online Program?
Liberty University, a nonprofit institution of higher education, was founded in 1971 and remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation. We strive to produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Our graduate area of study in early childhood education is designed to prepare candidates for effective leadership in Christian, public, and private schools.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
The M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction – Early Childhood Education online degree program contains courses delivered through an online classroom format that is flexible, personal, and challenging for students. Our seasoned professors will provide quality interactions and be available to answer questions about the class with mastery and wisdom on topics discussed. Our master’s in early childhood education graduates are prepared to meet the holistic needs of younger students, attending to their specified needs to create a balanced approach that promotes academic achievement and well-being.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education Program?
Within the master’s in early childhood education online degree, you will learn both foundational education theory and practical, real-world application of teaching skills. Understanding the characteristics of children and youth with disabilities in relation to service delivery, documentation, and legal issues will prepare you for best teaching practices and methods in special education settings. Our early childhood curriculum will provide an overview of how to plan effective lessons and know how to access elementary teaching tools. As a faith-based university, this program will include classes that examine physical, cognitive, spiritual, emotion/social development, and guidance needs in early childhood education.
Through this program, you will explore methods for organizing and operating kindergartens, nursery schools, daycares, and playgroups for children. Important behavioral management techniques will also be covered in relation to research and instructional approaches and methods for managing behaviors effectively. Master’s in early childhood education online students will have the opportunity to apply these concepts to real challenges by completing an internship and practicum. This hands-on experience will help bring education tools and real-world application together.
- EDUC 501 – Advanced Child Development
- EDUC 653 – Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 642 – Leadership & Supervision in Education
Program Highlights for Our M.Ed. In Early Childhood Education
- By earning your online master’s in early childhood education degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Students can complete this master’s in early childhood education degree program in as little as one and a half years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
Master of Arts in Teaching – Our online Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) provides a path for students with an education background to advance their teaching skills as well as provides students wanting to move into a rewarding new career in teaching with the opportunity to seek the credentials for licensure. The online MAT degree pairs advanced learning theory with an evidence-based practical methodology to equip teachers to help children and young adults in their educational journey.
Master’s in Early Childhood Education Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Master of Education in Early Childhood Education course guides. (login required)
- The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved licensure programs.
- Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state.
- Students pursuing this concentration for licensure must already hold an initial teaching license in elementary education.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an education preparation provider (EPP)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Early Childhood Education
Upon completion of your master’s in early childhood education online degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue many careers in early childhood education, including:
- Child services provider
- Daycare operator
- Preschool administrator
- Preschool teacher
Liberty University’s online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education is designed to train you in planning and implementing appropriate curriculum for younger children.
Admission Requirements for Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with an official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.