Build Up Young Minds with a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and Curriculum
Children are highly impressionable. What they learn at a young age has the potential to influence them for years to come. That’s why teachers play such a critical role in the lives of children. Early childhood educators in particular have an enormous responsibility — to teach and care for young students in a way that helps them develop life skills and prepare for future success.
With Liberty’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education degree, you can strengthen your teaching skills and learn the best methods for instructing young children. Our program covers the essentials of lesson planning and curriculum design so that you can engage children’s curiosity, foster their growth, and teach them valuable knowledge and skills. You may already have an early childhood education bachelor’s degree — but earning an M.Ed. will further equip you to serve society’s youngest students in a loving, Christ-like manner.
Please note: This program includes the required steps to pursue add-on or advanced licensure, which require initial licensure in teaching. If you do not have an initial teaching license, please see the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Early Childhood Education Master’s Program?
Successful educators do more than teach children textbook knowledge. They seek to build positive relationships with their students and to help children love learning. That’s why at Liberty, you won’t just learn how to develop a curriculum — you’ll be equipped to make a positive difference in the lives of your students. You can help train up a generation of children who find joy in learning about the world around them.
Choosing Liberty means choosing…
An education that works for you
Your educational journey is especially important to us. We want to help you reach your goals in a way that’s flexible and affordable. That’s why we’ve designed our master’s in early childhood education program to be entirely online. You can complete your degree from the comfort of your home, log into your courses on your own time, and easily access your study materials whenever you need them.
Most importantly, you can focus on what really matters — like your family, job, and community — while still earning a degree that can take your career to the next level.
An education from professors who care
Our online early childhood education courses are taught by seasoned professors who have extensive experience working in the education sector. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can help enhance your skill set and equip you to lead as an effective educator.
Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable about best teaching methods, and invested in your professional growth and personal well-being.
An education with far-reaching applications
At Liberty, we don’t just help you get a degree — we also equip you to live out biblical principles in the workplace. We are dedicated to Training Champions for Christ, which is why all of our courses are taught from a biblical worldview.
With a challenging program that fosters both spiritual and academic growth, you’ll be prepared to positively impact the modern education system.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Instruction?
Our M.Ed. program dives into both foundational education theory and practical methods for teaching young students. You’ll receive training that prepares you to lead with confidence in a variety of school and classroom settings.
Discover tools for helping children learn essential skills and knowledge. Our early childhood education courses will teach you how to plan lessons and assignments, evaluate curriculum effectiveness, and integrate educational technology to enhance student learning. You’ll also learn about the cognitive, spiritual, emotional, and social needs of young children — knowledge that will bolster your effectiveness as an early childhood educator.
Our program also teaches best practices for serving students with special needs. By learning about the instructional methods, documentation, and legal issues related to special education, you can help all types of students achieve their full potential.
Throughout this program, you will explore practical methods for organizing and operating daycares, preschools, kindergartens, and elementary schools. Our professors will teach you how to manage behavior in the classroom and how to develop a curriculum that fosters children’s curiosity and well-being. You’ll have the opportunity to apply these concepts to real-world challenges by completing a directed practicum.
Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in the lives of today’s youngest learners.
- EDUC 501 – Advanced Child Development
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
- EDUC 642 – Leadership and Supervision in Education
- EDUC 653 – Current Issues in Early Childhood Education
Highlights of Our Online M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Early Childhood Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) and by the CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
- You can complete this early childhood education master’s degree online in less than 2 years.
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- You’ll gain practical, hands-on experience by completing a directed practicum at the end of this master’s in early childhood education online program.
Master’s in Early Childhood Education Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s online master’s degree in early childhood education.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved teacher licensure programs.
- Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state.
- Students pursuing this advanced licensure must already hold an initial teaching license in elementary education.
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Master’s in Early Childhood Education Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
What Can You Do with an MEd in Curriculum and Instruction?
By completing a master’s in early childhood education, you can pursue a variety of job opportunities in the education sector. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Academic director
- Child services provider
- Curriculum designer
- Daycare operator
- Educational consultant
- Education program specialist
- Instructional coach
- Preschool administrator
- Vice principal
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Master of Education Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with an official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.