Advancing Classroom Technology Begins with a Master’s Degree in Educational Technology and Online Instruction
As technology continues to grow into an essential part of our society, teachers are learning new ways to implement it in classroom settings to enhance the student educational experience. Liberty University’s 100% online M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Technology and Online Instruction is designed for leaders in education who desire to transition into the field of instructional technology from a traditional teaching background.
Courses within this master’s program will equip you to use the latest technology to enhance student learning, demonstrate effective leadership practices based on biblical and ethical values, and evaluate and apply current technology research to a variety of educational settings.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Technology and Online Instruction Program?
Liberty University, a nonprofit institution of higher education, was founded in 1971 and remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation. Our M.Ed. in educational technology and online instruction program seeks to recruit individuals who have dedicated their lives to being at the head of the classroom and educating the students of today and tomorrow. With this goal in mind, our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is designed to prepare candidates for effective leadership in Christian, public, and private schools.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree that’s more affordable. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
Our educational technology and online instruction degree program provides education students like you with unique insights into the successes and problems within this field. Our seasoned professors are available to answer questions or provide mentorship within the program. Through Training Champions for Christ, Liberty University’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Technology and Online Instruction degree creates educational leaders who promote quality education using technology through a biblical worldview.
What Will You Learn in the Educational Technology and Online Instruction Degree?
Our educational technology and online instruction degree provides foundational knowledge in the teaching-learning process, offering applications for major theories and approaches in various educational settings. In this program, you will study American education and the emergence of the Christian school movement. Additionally, you will be challenged in curriculum development, with a focus on elementary and secondary education, for construction, organization, and function.
Our M.Ed. in educational technology online degree program will help you establish an understanding of technology through the studies of individual learners, focusing on special needs, socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and varying learning styles and preferences. Our Master of Education program can help you develop skills in distance education through studying the application of technology, support, and instructional design. Our educational technology and online instruction degree seeks to help you become a valuable leader in educational technology as you promote productive learning environments that are designed for various educational needs.
- EDUC 629 – Technology and Diversity
- EDUC 630 – Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- EDUC 631 – Foundations of Educational Technology and Online Learning
- EDUC 638 – Leadership in Educational Technology
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Educational Technology and Online Instruction Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Master of Education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete this educational technology and online instruction master’s degree in as little as 1.5 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- M.Ed. in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology – Liberty University’s Master of Education in Higher Education – Instructional Design and Technology is designed to equip you to analyze elements of the historical and philosophical influences about governance, administration, and leadership in institutions of higher education. Students will also combine theoretical knowledge with technology best practices to pursue advanced career positions in higher education.
- Master of Arts in Teaching – Our online Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) provides a path for students with an education background to advance their teaching skills and for students wanting to move into a rewarding new career in teaching with the opportunity to seek the credentials for initial licensure. The online M.A.T. degree pairs advanced learning theory with an evidence-based practical methodology to equip teachers to help children and young adults in their educational journey.
Educational Technology and Online Instruction Degree Information
- Licensure is not available for this program.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Technology and Online Education
After completing your technology and online instruction M.Ed. degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career in many areas, including:
- School technology director
- School technology specialist
- Technology instructor
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or higher for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.