Bring the Past to Life with a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – History Online Degree!
Liberty University’s online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – History degree is designed to prepare students to construct curriculum and to teach at all educational levels. As you seek to better instruct your students about a variety of historical contexts, our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction — History program will prepare you with the skills necessary to teach world history, American history, and European history. Our online degree format allows you to customize your degree completion plan to best meet your educational passions and needs without infringing on your busy schedule.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – History Online Program?
Combining a Christian perspective with award-winning programs and degrees, our School of Education offers students valuable experiences and knowledge that will enable them to influence the lives of others. This program establishes a firm understanding of the world and the complex issues of the past that contribute to today’s society while equipping you with the leadership skills needed to achieve goals and succeed in your teaching career. The online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction courses will help students strengthen their teaching skills by acquiring further knowledge of effective teaching methods.
Liberty University, a nonprofit institution of higher education, was founded in 1971 and remains one of the leading Christian universities in the nation. Liberty University strives to produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Our master’s in history education degree follows this standard by preparing candidates for effective leadership roles in Christian, public, and private schools. The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction — History program is offered 100% online for your convenience. You will not need to relocate or take time off work to attend on-campus classes!
What Will You Learn in the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – History Online Master’s Degree?
Liberty’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – History online degree program features the foundational principles of education and curriculum as well as specialized knowledge in history instruction. An overview of the teaching and learning process is explored in relation to learning theory, individual differences, motivation, exceptionality, and teaching methodology. Research on human development, data collection and assessment, and application of analysis in school settings will prepare you to understand and meet the needs of all learning styles.*
The courses in our online curriculum and instruction degree will provide a comprehensive examination of the political, economic, religious, cultural, and military factors that influenced historical events. This multi-faceted view will help you discover how all history is interconnected and give you tools for communicating that complexity to your students.
- HIUS 510 – American Colonial History
- HIUS 542 – History of American Political Parties since 1896
- HIWD 560 – History of the Atlantic World
- EDUC 642 – Leadership and Supervision in Education
*Please note that the curriculum and instruction history online degree specialization is a non-licensure track.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – History Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country!
- You can complete the online M.Ed. in history curriculum and instruction degree program in under 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in History – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in History is designed to give you a thorough overview of world history, American history, modern European military history, and America’s heritage. You will be equipped to analyze existing interpretations of historical documents from an informed position and utilize that information to consider new perspectives on various aspects of history. This degree will allow you to choose a variety of electives to form a degree specific to your passion.
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) – The Master of Arts in Teaching provides a path for students with an education background to advance their teaching skills as well as those seeking to move into a career in teaching by offering the opportunity for licensure. The online M.A.T. degree pairs advanced learning theory with evidence-based, practical methodology, equipping teachers to help children and young adults in their educational journey.
M.Ed. in History Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Licensure is not available for this program.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
Potential Career Options with an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – History Degree
Upon completion of your Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – History online degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue a variety of careers, such as:
- School administrator
- Teacher – primary, secondary, and postsecondary*
- University department chair/dean
*The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction — History does not lead to teacher licensure; however, the program may be a good fit for licensed teachers or students who do not need state teaching licensure to teach at a private school.
Admission Requirements for the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.