Help Students Learn Healthy Habits with an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness
While in school, students learn many of the foundational skills they need to succeed in their careers. During this time, students are also learning the lifestyle habits that will affect their happiness and health for their entire lives. With Liberty’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness, you will learn the skills you need to guide students to the habits and lifestyle choices that can help them succeed in life.
Our health and wellness education program emphasizes teaching people to adopt healthier behaviors, choices, and lifestyles. You will also learn how you can impact the health of your community with your teaching by studying health issues that affect society as a whole. With the skills you learn in this program, you can also help companies, government agencies, and individuals make their workplaces and living environments healthier. If you want to be able to teach people about how healthier choices can make their lives better, then the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness can set you on the path to a rewarding career.
Please note: if you want to pursue an initial teaching license, please see the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness Degree?
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. If you are passionate about educating people about health and wellness, we want to help you reach your goals. This is why we’ve made our master’s degree more affordable at just $415 a credit hour for full-time students. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
In addition to Liberty’s SACSCOC accreditation, Liberty’s School of Education has been accredited under NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness degree can be completed 100% online so that you can meet both your educational and personal needs. You will study a balanced approach to learning theory and effective practice that will equip you to teach and guide students. The online master’s in health and wellness education also provides skills that are valuable in many industries that need health promotion and training experts. From developing impactful health curriculum for high school students to training employees for healthy living, you can make a positive difference in the lives of others with an M.Ed. in health and wellness.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness Degree?
Through our M.Ed. in health and wellness degree program, you will gain a broad base of education knowledge and health training. You will learn the speaking, writing, reading, and listening skills you need for the classroom while also studying the latest research in health and wellness education topics. You will also use your training in health topics to create health lesson plans, engage in health research, and develop a curriculum for health education at many age and grade levels.
Additionally, this program will focus on how to implement and improve health programs for entire communities. You will learn how to help students in the school system lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy habits. With studies in how health trends affect business environments, you can also help companies enhance health and safety in the workplace. You will also study public health issues and principles of nutrition that will equip you to address these concerns through your teaching.
- EDUC 518 – Educational Research and Assessment
- EDUC 673 – Curriculum and Methods for Effective Instruction
- EXSC 640 – Public Health and Physical Activity
- EXSC 660 – Fitness Assessment and Programming
Highlights of Our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.Ed. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country!
- You can complete this master’s in health and wellness degree program in as little as 1.5 years.
Master of Education – Health and Wellness Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program is not a licensure-track.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.Ed. in Health and Wellness Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate course
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Health and Wellness Graduates
- Community organizer
- Education policymaker
- Health and wellness instructional designer
- K-12 health and wellness consultant
- K-12 health and wellness curriculum coordinator
- K-12 health and wellness director
Admission Requirements for Graduate Online Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.