Move Forward with Scholastic Standards for Success with Our M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction- Leadership Online Program!
Liberty University’s Masters of Education- Leadership, is provided in a 100% online program format for your convenience so that you can manage your family, workplace, and community responsibilities without having to come to campus. Our M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership degree will prepare you for effective supervision and well-rounded leadership in public and private schools. This degree will combine an ethical perspective, from a Christian worldview, with quality academics to create the opportunity to master skills in community relations, diverse education settings, and other areas of leadership. Graduates will complete our M.Ed. in Leadership online degree with biblical truths integrated with their academic leadership qualities to become valuable assets to promote success in the field of education.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Education Curriculum and Instruction- Leadership Online Program?
As the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, Liberty University strives to produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Students enrolled in the Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership online degree will graduate with an increased knowledge base and dedication to educational leadership. Concurrent with this goal, our Masters in Education – Leadership program is designed to prepare candidates for meeting the needs of exceptional children, improved curriculum development, educational guidance, and behavior management methods in private, public and Christian schools. Our Graduate Education professors will provide unique and insightful perspectives on the content taught as well as serve as valuable mentors for increasing the understanding of how theoretical knowledge is applied to real-world experiences.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
What Will You Learn in Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction- Leadership Degree Online
Throughout our Master of Education – Leadership program, you will learn about educational technology, supervision skills and techniques, learning theory, and current issues faced in the development of education policy. Developing an understanding of individual differences, motivation factors, human development, exceptionality, and teaching methodology will create a well-rounded perspective in recognizing student and teacher needs. A Christian worldview will be integrated throughout all of your courses to provide context for leadership as a Christian in education. You will also receive an overview of human development, data collection, assessment, and the application of research that will strengthen your education skills.
Training in educational technology will provide you with both theoretical and practical considerations for implementing 21st-century technology in various education-related settings. A multi-dimensional study on supervision and leadership analysis will cover the work of curriculum directors, various supervision roles, department heads, and teaching leadership for methods of staff utilization and evaluation of instructional materials. Towards the end of your degree, you will complete a capstone course that examines current issues in the field of education that will be applied in an educational setting under direct supervision.
- EDUC 638 – Leadership in Educational Technology
- EDUC 643 – Contemporary Issues in Education Policy
- EDUC 644 – School Leadership in Diverse Settings
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
Degree Information and Requirements:
- This program falls under the School of Education
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program
- View the M.Ed. Leadership Course Syllabi (login required)
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- By earning your M.Ed. – Leadership degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Students can complete our Master of Education – Leadership degree in under two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- M.Ed. – Higher Education – Liberty’s Master of Education in Higher Education will prepare you for effective leadership in post-secondary education settings. This degree will combine ethical perspective with quality academics by giving you the opportunity to master skills in community relations, diverse education settings, and other areas of leadership.
- M.Ed. – Administration and Supervision – Our Master of Education – Administration & Supervision is designed to provide you with an understanding of functional administration by providing you with the tools and skills to effective communication and lead as a supervisor. You will master skills in community relations, school law, financial management, and administration by practicing a variety of real-world situations.
Please note that our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership online degree program is ideal for students who do not need licensure or those who are currently licensed teachers with a desire to further their education and pursue either an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) or Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree in the future
Potential Career Opportunities
Upon completion of your masters in education online degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue one of these careers:
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- University Department Chair
- Policy and Procedure Development
- Teacher – Primary, Secondary, Postsecondary
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.