Lead Your School to Success with an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership
Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership degree can help prepare you for effective supervision and leadership in public and private schools. This degree combines an ethical, Christian perspective with quality academics to create the opportunity to master skills in community relations, diverse education settings, and other areas of leadership. As a student in our leadership-focused M.Ed., you can walk away with a degree that integrates biblical truths into effective, industry-proven leadership skills, making you a valuable asset to your district.
Liberty University’s Master of Education is provided in a 100% online format, so you can manage your family, workplace, and community responsibilities without having to come to our Virginia campus.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Curriculum and Instruction Master’s Degree?
As one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, Liberty University strives to produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Students enrolled in the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership online degree can graduate with an increased knowledge base and a newfound dedication to educational leadership.
With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we’ve designed a leadership-focused Master of Education degree that can prepare you to meet the needs of exceptional children as well as improve curriculum development, educational guidance, and behavior management methods in private, public and Christian schools. Our graduate education professors will provide unique and insightful perspectives on the content taught as well as serve as valuable mentors for increasing the understanding of how theoretical knowledge can be applied to real-world, classroom experiences.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals by providing a master’s degree that’s more affordable. At just $415 a credit hour for full-time students, you can pursue a teaching career for less.
What Will You Learn in Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership Degree Online
Throughout our education leadership program, you will learn about educational technology, supervision skills and techniques, learning theory, and current issues facing today’s education policies. By developing an understanding of individual differences, motivation factors, human development, exceptionality, and teaching methodology, you can become more perceptive to the needs of your classroom.
Additionally, a Christian worldview will be integrated throughout all of your courses to provide context for biblical leadership. You will also receive an overview of human development, data collection, assessment, and the application of research that will strengthen your education skills.
By completing a course in educational technology, you will learn theoretical and practical applications for 21st-century technology in various education-related settings. You will also take courses focused on supervision and leadership relevant to positions like curriculum directors, various supervision roles, and department heads. By the end of your degree, you can have the teaching leadership methods necessary to manage staff and evaluate instructional methods. The final piece of your degree will be a capstone course examining current issues in the field of education and you will be under the direct supervision of a Liberty faculty member.
- EDUC 638 – Leadership in Educational Technology
- EDUC 643 – Contemporary Issues in Education Policy
- EDUC 644 – School Leadership in Diverse Settings
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
- By earning your leadership M.Ed. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete our Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership in under 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- M.Ed. in Higher Education – Liberty’s Master of Education in Higher Education can help prepare you for effective leadership in post-secondary education settings. This degree will combine an ethical perspective with quality academics by giving you the opportunity to master skills in community relations, diverse education settings, and other areas of leadership.
- M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision – Our Master of Education in Administration and Supervision is designed to provide you with an understanding of functional administration by providing you with the tools and skills to effectively communicate and lead as a supervisor. You can use this degree to master skills in community relations, school law, financial management, and administration by practicing a variety of real-world situations.
Please note that our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Leadership online degree program is ideal for students who do not need licensure or those who are currently licensed-teachers with a desire to further their education.
Potential Career Opportunities
Upon completion of your master’s in education online degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue one of these careers or career positions:
- Principal/assistant principal
- Policy and procedure development
- Teacher – primary, secondary, postsecondary*
- University department chair
*This program does not provide teacher licensure. If you are seeking an initial teaching license, you may consider our Master of Arts in Teaching program.
Admission Requirements for the M.Ed. Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.