Create a Lasting Impact on Students’ Lives Through Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services is an exciting path to excel in K-12 education or at the university level. The M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction with the Student Services specialization is available as a non-licensure track program focusing on leadership roles in a variety of school systems. Through our advanced courses in education, you will master skills in educational research, human development, and learning theory.
Whether you are seeking a career in a public, private, or Christian school, our M.Ed. curriculum and instruction student services online degree will prepare you to help provide vital services in the school system such as career counseling, individual or group counseling, and support for teachers.
For students seeking licensure, our Master of Arts in Teaching online degree programs are designed to equip you with the training needed to teach in the classroom as a licensed teacher. Both our licensure and non-licensure track programs are offered online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus
Please note: this program is non-licensure. For a licensure track program in school counseling, see the Master of Education – School Counseling.
Why Choose Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services Online Degree Program?
In keeping with the University’s mission of Training Champions for Christ, the School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality of Christian education possible. Liberty University is pleased to offer the Master of Education Curriculum and Instruction Student Services degree as a 100% online program, so you do not have to change your lifestyle to continue your education. The M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services program offers you the flexibility you need, with rigorous academics backed by a world-renowned Christian university, distinguishing Liberty apart from the competition.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skillset, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
What Will You Learn in Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services Degree Online?
Liberty’s education courses in the student services specialization seek to integrate a Christian worldview as you explore a variety of topics such as school counseling teaching strategies, human development and much more. As educators, it is imperative that you are prepared to meet the needs of all students. In this program, you will gain a better understanding of the physical, mental, socio-cultural, and spiritual aspects of human development. Our Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services is designed to give you the tools you need to begin helping children of all ages be successful in their educational journey.
Our M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services Program Highlights
- By earning your Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Student Services from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- You are able to complete this M.Ed. program in less than two years.
- You will benefit from networking opportunities with other educators in the program from around the country.
M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction- Student Services Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Education
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- This program requires a background check
- View all of the graduate course guides (login required)
- A three-credit-hour practicum is an optional part of the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction program
- Licensure is not available for this program. For the licensure track, view the Master of Education in School Counseling.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate tuition (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options with a Degree in Education and Student Services
- Principal/Assistant Principal
- School Administrator
- Education Counselor
- University Department Chair
- Policy and Procedure Developer
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Letter of Recommendation
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.