Equip Your Students for Success with a Master’s in Educational Leadership Degree
Colleges and universities across the country are always in need of competent professionals to fill management and leadership positions. Liberty’s online Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Higher Education – Educational Leadership degree can help equip you for top-level roles in the field of postsecondary education.
Maybe you want to teach at the college level, or perhaps you’d prefer to work in the administrative side of education. Either way, our M.Ed. in educational leadership can help you prepare for the next step in your career. Throughout this program, you’ll learn how to address challenges faced by universities nationwide. With this knowledge, you can help oversee school operations and ensure that your institution is achieving its goals.
Partner with us and prepare to make your mark on the modern education system.
What is educational leadership?
Educational leaders work both inside and outside the classroom to help schools set and achieve specific goals. They perform a variety of important tasks, such as developing school policy, implementing curriculum standards, handling budgets, and managing faculty and staff.
By pursuing a career in educational leadership, you can play a vital role in helping your school — and your students — grow and thrive.
Why pursue a master’s in educational leadership?
Earning your M.Ed. can help you pursue management positions in the education field. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for postsecondary education administrators is $95,410 per year.* Liberty’s online master’s in education leadership could help you pursue lucrative job opportunities, get promoted, or earn a higher salary.
And, by completing our Master of Education in educational leadership, you can enhance your skill set and stay up-to-date with the latest trends in education. That way, you can more effectively serve the students and faculty at your school.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Postsecondary Education Administrators (viewed online October 14, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How long does it take to earn a master’s in educational leadership?
At Liberty, you can complete your M.Ed. in Higher Education – Educational Leadership in just 1 year! We offer a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
What can you do with a higher education degree?
Our higher education leadership master’s can help equip you for administrative roles at the college level. Some of the careers you could pursue after completing this program include:
- Chief academic officer
- Dean of admissions
- Director of academic advising
- Director of alumni relations
- Fundraising officer
- Leadership program administrator
- Student engagement outreach specialist
- Vice president of enrollment management
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Educational Leadership Online?
At Liberty, we seek to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with this mission, we offer affordable tuition rates, flexible courses, and practical training that can help equip you for the real world. You won’t just get an education — you can develop the tools needed to become a skilled, Christ-centered, and value-driven professional.
Choosing Liberty means choosing…
Flexibility | Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need! Our online master’s degree in higher education leadership is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your coursework whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you — even from the comfort of your home! Most importantly, you can stay invested in your family, job, and community while taking the next step in your academic journey.
Marketable Credentials | Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can pursue your educational leadership M.Ed. with confidence knowing that our program has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
Experienced Faculty | In this program, you’ll study under seasoned professors who have years of experience in the world of education. Our faculty will provide valuable mentorship that can help you thrive academically, professionally, and spiritually.
Biblical Principles | We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to use their skills in service to God and others. Liberty University’s online master’s in education seeks to integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge. That way, you can stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Higher Education Leadership Degree Program?
Develop the leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills you need to succeed in educational management roles.
Liberty University’s educational leadership master’s program online is broken down into 3 main parts: core higher education courses, professional development classes, and the educational leadership cognate. You’ll explore how to foster a positive learning environment for your students and ensure that your university is meeting its goals.
Learn how to navigate the social, political, and economic aspects of higher education. This program dives into the importance of various student support services, such as academic advising and career guidance. You will study methods for implementing programs and policies that help students succeed in college and in their careers.
Within the educational leadership concentration, you can learn how to create instructional materials, provide feedback to teachers and professors, and design staff development programs. You will also analyze effective methods for utilizing technology in your school. Our capstone course provides the opportunity to complete case studies and conduct research in your field.
- EDUC 638 – Leadership in Educational Technology
- EDUC 642 – Leadership and Supervision in Education
- EDUC 643 – Contemporary Issues in Educational Policy
- EDUC 665 – Student Support Services and Retention
Highlights of Liberty’s Higher Education Leadership Master’s Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. program is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- You can complete Liberty’s master’s in education in as little as 1 year!
- You’ll have the opportunity to build your professional network while completing this online educational leadership master’s.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while pursuing your master’s in educational leadership degree.
- This program can help you become an effective school leader while keeping your total cost of tuition down.
Master of Education in Educational Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our M.Ed. in Educational Leadership.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for the Master of Education in Higher Education Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Master’s in Educational Leadership?
By earning your educational leadership master’s online, you can pursue a variety of job opportunities in the world of postsecondary education. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- College provost
- Curriculum director
- Dean of students or faculty
- Instructional coordinator
- University registrar
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Master’s in Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.