Take a Step Beyond the Classroom with Liberty’s Online Master’s in Education Administration Degree
You’ve worked hard to earn your teaching license. You’ve spent countless hours in the classroom, from getting your bachelor’s degree to teaching your students. It’s time to turn your hard-earned license and experience into a new and higher-paying career in education.
Where exactly can a degree in school administration and supervision take you? An add-on endorsement in education administration can help you land leadership roles in countless settings. Your degree can help you get into PreK-12 school districts, local government, hospitals, educational support services, and religious sectors.
How Much Can You Make as an Education Administrator?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median wage for education administrators in elementary and secondary schools is $95,000.* Depending on where you work, your salary could be as high as $140,000 a year!**
So what does it take to go from an experienced, licensed teacher to a principal, administrator, or instructional supervisor? You will first need to be a teacher with a current teaching license and 3 years of teaching experience. After that, all you’ll need is an accredited master’s degree in education administration.
The skill set you gain with this degree can be used in various management roles. From settings in universities to professional schools to technical and trade schools, your path to career growth is endless. With so much variety, your degree can open a new path for your career. From long hours in undergrad to late nights grading assignments, you’ve already proven yourself. Now it’s time to lead others and help them achieve more.
Liberty’s master’s degree in administration and supervision is for licensed teachers seeking an add-on endorsement or advanced licensure. If you do not have your initial teaching license, please see the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
If you wish to work in higher education administration, please see the Master of Education in Higher Education program.
Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Educational Leadership?
Our online administration degree can equip you to be a leader in education who models high standards before your peers. As a Christian university that strives to produce Champions for Christ, Liberty offers a master’s in administration and supervision that’s designed to prepare you for effective leadership across Christian, public, and private school settings.
But we understand that your commitment to your work can make it difficult to go back to school. At Liberty, we have been pioneering distance education for students like you since 1985. Our education degrees offer an online learning environment that is flexible and personal to each student.
Not only that but Liberty’s education administration degree also offers the following benefits:
- Our Master of Education in Administration and Supervision is accredited by NCATE through CAEP.
- At just $415 a credit hour for full-time students, you can pursue a teaching career for less.
- Liberty University’s M.Ed. is offered completely online.
- You can complete this advanced licensure program in less than 2 years!
- This program has been ranked as one of the best online master’s in educational administration programs by TheBestSchools.org.
As part of your coursework in the online master’s in education leadership and administration, you will complete an internship in your area. And while this program is offered 100% online, you can choose to take one of your classes as an intensive on Liberty University’s beautiful campus in Central Virginia. This in-person experience can allow you to develop deep and long-lasting relationships in the program.
Gain the credentials you need to advance your career and lead with confidence with Liberty’s online master’s in school administration degree. Your courses will add to your skill set and broaden your professional capacity in the field of education. Make a bigger impact on your students with Liberty’s online graduate degree in education.
Please note that students in the master’s degree in administration and supervision must have an initial teaching license for Liberty’s school administration add on licensure online.
How Can I Become a Principal or School Administrator?
In order to qualify for PreK-12 administrative positions, you will need a current state teaching license. You also need 3 years of full-time experience in a public or accredited nonpublic school. All of Liberty’s M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision students must have already completed this step before starting the program.
Already have your license and years of teaching experience? All you need now is a master’s degree in education administration. Our M.Ed. even incorporates the internship hours you need for your add-on endorsement right into your online administration courses!
What Will You Learn in Your Online Master’s in Education Administration and Supervision Degree?
Earning your degree at Liberty won’t just improve your leadership skills. Our online courses can equip you to invest in the next generation of educational leaders. With administration courses in school improvement and community relations, you can improve your district for years to come.
Some of the other areas you’ll dive into in our online education administration degree include:
- Principles of behavior management, curriculum and instruction, and educational leadership
- Teacher-learning process for learning theory, human development, motivation, and student differences
- How to interact with students from various backgrounds and personality types
- Educational research on human development, learning, and instructional knowledge and skills
- Problems in school administration and supervision
- Advanced skills in community relations, school law, financial management, and administration
- Practical, real-world education situations
- Curriculum development
- Major problems and recent developments in school programs
You are a key factor in your school’s success. Completing an online master’s in education administration can help you lead with confidence. In our courses, you’ll explore how your administrative position can be used to improve the education system in your school. With courses that promote research, education best practices, and Christian ethics, you can walk away prepared to meet the needs of your district.
With our online M.Ed. courses, you’ll learn more than just how to advance your career. You’ll learn how to make a lasting impact. And for an education leader like you, there will be nothing more rewarding than investing in the education of tomorrow.
- EDUC 623 – Principles of Behavior Management
- EDUC 640 – School Administration
- EDUC 641 – Supervision of Instruction
- EDUC 646 – School-Community Relations
Education Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- The master’s in administration requires a 3-credit hour internship.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved licensure programs. Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state. Students pursuing this concentration for licensure must already hold an initial teaching license. For state approval information, please visit www.Liberty.edu/StateApprovals.
- Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Military Benefits for the Master’s in Education Administration
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Master in Education Administration Jobs
Earning a master’s degree can highlight your years of experience in the classroom. And with a program that adds to your teaching license, you can qualify for leadership positions outside of the classroom!
Liberty University’s M.Ed. can prepare you for various master in education administration jobs. Some of the positions you can pursue after completing your M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision include:
- Assistant principal
- Curriculum instructor
- Dean of students or faculty
- District administrator
- Instructional coordinator
Online Master’s in Education Administration Degree Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s in education administration and supervision degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
You can complete the M.Ed. in education administration degree in less than 2 years.
The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP.
Master’s in Education Administration Requirements for Admission
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational outlook handbook: Elementary, middle, and high school principals, 2019 (viewed online October 10, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational employment and wages: Education administrators, elementary and secondary school, 2018 (viewed online October 10, 2019). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.