Take a Step Beyond the Classroom with Liberty’s Online Master’s in Education Administration Degree
You’ve worked hard to earn your teaching license. You’ve spent countless hours in the classroom, from getting your bachelor’s degree to teaching your students. It’s time to turn your hard-earned license and experience into a new and higher-paying career in education.
Where exactly can a degree in school administration and supervision take you? Earning advanced licensure in education administration can help you pursue leadership roles in countless settings. Your degree can help you work in PreK-12 school districts, local government, hospitals, educational support services, and religious sectors.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
How Much Can You Make as an Education Administrator?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the 2020 median salary for principals in elementary, middle, and high schools was $98,490.** Depending on where you work, your salary could be as high as $152,000 per year!**
Are you ready to go from being an experienced, licensed teacher to working as a principal, administrator, or instructional supervisor? With Liberty’s accredited master’s degree in education administration, you can become equipped to pursue exciting career paths and lucrative opportunities.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Elementary, Middle, and High School Principals, 2020 (viewed online July 15, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
***Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020: Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary (viewed online July 15, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
The skill set you gain with this degree can be used in various management roles. From private schools to public schools to technical and trade schools, your path to career growth is endless. With so much variety, your degree can help open a new path for your career. From long hours in undergrad to late nights grading assignments, you’ve already proven yourself. Now it’s time to lead others and help them achieve more.
Liberty’s master’s degree in administration and supervision is for licensed teachers seeking advanced licensure. If you do not have your initial teaching license, please see the Master of Arts in Teaching program.
If you wish to work in higher education administration, please see the Master of Education in Higher Education program.
Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved administration and supervision program, you may apply for your license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Educational Administration and Supervision?
Our online administration degree can help equip you to be a leader in education who models high standards before your peers. As a Christian university that strives to produce Champions for Christ, Liberty offers a master’s in administration and supervision that’s designed to prepare you for effective leadership across Christian, public, and private school settings.
But we understand that your commitment to your work can make it difficult to go back to school. At Liberty, we have been pioneering distance education for students like you since 1985. Our education degrees offer an online learning environment that is flexible and personal to each student. At just $415 a credit hour for full-time students, you can pursue an education career for less.
Not only that, but Liberty’s education administration degree also offers the following benefits:
- Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Liberty University’s M.Ed. is offered completely online.
- You can complete this advanced licensure program in just 2 years!
Gain the credentials you need to advance your career and lead with confidence with Liberty’s online master’s in school administration degree. As part of your coursework in the online master’s in education leadership and administration, you will complete practicums and an internship in your area. Your courses can help add to your skill set and broaden your professional capacity in the field of education. Make a bigger impact on your students with Liberty’s online graduate degree in education.
How Can I Become a Principal or School Administrator?
In order to qualify for this M.Ed. program, you will need a current state teaching license. You’ll also need 3 years of full-time contractual teaching experience, which can be accrued while you complete Liberty’s M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision degree. At least 1 year of this experience must be completed prior to the internship.
Already have your license and years of teaching experience? All you need now is a master’s degree in education administration. Our M.Ed. even incorporates the field experience hours you need for advanced licensure right into your online administration courses!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Education Administration and Supervision Degree?
Earning your degree at Liberty won’t just improve your leadership skills. Our online courses can help equip you to invest in the next generation of educational leaders. With administration courses in school improvement and community relations, you can improve your district for years to come.
Some of the other areas you’ll dive into in our online education administration degree include:
- Advanced skills in community relations, school law, financial management, and administration
- Educational research on human development, learning, and instructional knowledge and skills
- How to interact with students from various backgrounds and personality types
- Major problems and recent developments in school programs
- Practical, real-world education situations
- Principles of behavior management, curriculum development, and educational leadership
- Problems in school administration and supervision
- Teacher-learning process for learning theory, human development, motivation, and student differences
You are a key factor in your school’s success. Completing an online master’s in education administration can help you lead with confidence. In our courses, you’ll explore how your administrative position can be used to improve the education system in your school. With courses that promote research, education best practices, and Christian ethics, you can walk away prepared to meet the needs of your district.
With our online M.Ed. courses, you can learn more than just how to advance your career. You can learn how to make a lasting impact. And for an education leader like you, there will be nothing more rewarding than investing in the education of tomorrow.
- EDAS 640 – School Administration
- EDAS 645 – Foundations for Educational Leaders
- EDUC 518 – Educational Research and Assessment
- EDUC 644 – School Leadership in Diverse Settings
Education Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- The master’s in administration requires practicums and a 3-credit-hour internship.
- The Education Department will verify that students have completed one of Liberty’s Virginia state-approved licensure programs. Students should verify any additional licensure requirements with their home state. Students pursuing this concentration for licensure must already hold an initial teaching license. For state approval information, please visit www.Liberty.edu/StateApprovals.
- Please note: Students enrolling in Educational Leadership programs after April 1, 2020, will not be eligible to receive Georgia Tier I or Tier II Educational Leadership Certification.
Military Benefits for the Master’s in Education Administration
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Master’s in Education Administration Jobs
Earning a master’s degree can supplement your years of experience in the classroom. And with a program that adds to your teaching license, you can qualify for leadership positions outside of the classroom!
Liberty University’s M.Ed. can help prepare you for various master’s in education administration jobs. Some of the positions you can pursue after completing your M.Ed. in Administration and Supervision include:
- Assistant principal
- Curriculum instructor
- Dean of students or faculty
- District administrator
- Instructional coordinator
Online Master’s in Education Administration Degree Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in education administration and supervision degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have lowered tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
You can complete the M.Ed. in education administration degree in just 2 years.
Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Gain hands-on field experience throughout the degree with in-person practicums and an internship.
Master’s in Education Administration Requirements for Admission
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.