The Online Masters in Education Curriculum and Instruction – General Education Helps You Diversify Your Teaching Tools
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction – General Education online degree program is designed for students who are interested in customizing their program to include academic courses focused on topics not covered by other areas of study in the online M.Ed. Degree, or to transfer in graduate credit. Along with core education classes, you will be able to pursue courses involving a wide variety of educational subjects which cover leadership, administration, and education specializations. The M.Ed. General Education online degree program will culminate in the completion of a directed capstone course, through which you will gain invaluable experience in applying your training to real problems in the world of education.
Why Choose Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education Degree Online Program?
Liberty’s M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education degree can be completed 100% online so that you can meet both your educational and personal goals. Liberty University strives to produce educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers, and who are dedicated, educational leaders. Our Master in Education online programs is designed to prepare candidates for effective leadership in Christian, public, and private schools. As the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, we strive to produce Christ-centered education professionals equipped with the ability to tackle a variety of subjects and learning styles. The faculty members you will learn from will provide valuable insights into a variety of topics and will mentor you through the program.
Please note that the M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education degree online is a non-licensure track. Students can switch to a licensure M.Ed. or MAT program but must meet credit hour and GPA qualifications.
What Will You Learn in Your Online M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program?
In pursuit of your M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction in Education degree online, you will study the differences between students, their motivations, and human development from childhood to adulthood, as well as the principles of teaching methodology for success in the classroom. Exploring measurement and evaluation methods to improve teaching strategies and understanding at-risk students will help develop your craft as an education provider. You will be prepared to meet the needs of children through comprehensive examinations on how to properly deal with characteristics of children with disabilities, documentation procedures, and legal issues.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
Accreditations and Awards
In addition to Liberty’s SACSCOC accreditation, Liberty’s School of Education has been accredited under NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) standards through the CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) Accreditation System.
What Will You Learn in the Master of Education – Curriculum and Instruction Online Degree?
You will also gain an understanding of how to evaluate educational trends, articulate your classroom philosophy, and practice intentionality through studying the historical development of education in America. Students will have the opportunity to complete a capstone course in which current issues in the field of education and will be applied to real-world settings. Our education degree seeks to enhance professional growth and development to create valuable leaders in the field.
M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction – General Education Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your General Education degree online degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Students can complete this Education degree in under two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) – The Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) provides a path for students with an education background to advance their teaching skills as well as provides students wanting to move into a rewarding new career in teaching with the opportunity to seek the credentials for licensure. The online MAT degree pairs advanced learning theory with an evidence-based practical methodology to equip teachers to help children and young adults in their educational journey.
- Masters in Higher Education – Educational Leadership – Liberty’s Master of Education in Higher Education – Educational Leadership will prepare you for effective leadership in post-secondary education settings. This degree will combine ethical perspective with accredited academics by giving you the opportunity to master skills in community relations, diverse education settings, and other areas of leadership.
Please note that the M.Ed. in Teaching and Learning – General Education degree online is a non-licensure track. Students can switch to a licensure M.Ed. or MAT program but must meet credit hour and GPA qualifications.
M.Ed. – General Education Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Education
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program
- View the General Education degree online course syllabi. (login required)
- This program is not a licensure-track
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options with a Curriculum & Instruction Degree
After graduating from your Master of Education in Curriculum & Instruction – General Education degree, you will have the opportunity to pursue careers in numerous education settings, including:
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts and submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.