Diversify Your Skill Set by Earning an M.Ed. in General Education Degree
Are you an education professional seeking a customizable master’s degree? If so, Liberty’s Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education degree is for you!
This online M.Ed. program allows you to mix and match courses to fit your career goals. With this flexible format, you can develop a diverse set of skills that can help you thrive in various education settings. And, since there are no set cognate courses, you can potentially transfer in outside credits as electives — allowing you to finish your degree faster!
Our School of Education seeks to prepare students like you for effective leadership in public and private schools. In this program, you’ll explore advanced topics in curriculum development and instructional strategies. This degree can help you prepare to effectively serve your students and meet their unique needs.
Please note: The M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education degree is a non-licensure program. Students can switch to the licensure-track Master of Arts in Teaching program but must meet credit hour and GPA qualifications.
What is a general education degree?
Our general education courses online dive into a wide variety of relevant topics. Rather than studying a particular area of education, you can develop a broad skill set that will be useful in a variety of career paths. Upon graduation, you could work in elementary, secondary, or higher education. Our program can help equip you to serve students of all backgrounds and pursue various teaching and school leadership roles.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online General Education Master’s Degree?
Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need. Our master’s in general education courses are available 100% online, with no set login times. You can earn your degree from anywhere in the world, without needing to relocate to take classes on campus!
At Liberty, you’ll learn from the best. Our faculty have years of experience working as teachers, professors, and school administrators. With their guidance, you can develop practical skills that can help boost your marketability.
Liberty strives to equip educators and school leaders who model high academic, moral, and spiritual standards before their peers. Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ. At Liberty, you won’t just get a degree — you’ll be equipped to live out biblical ethics in your education career.
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s about who you are and who you aspire to become. You can add to your skill set, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with a general education master’s degree from Liberty University.
How much can I earn with a general education master’s degree?
Your salary will depend on a number of factors, such as where you work and what types of jobs you pursue. However, in general, professionals with a master’s degree earn approximately 20% more per year than their peers who only have a bachelor’s degree.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online November 13, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Online General Education Degree Program?
In this program, you’ll complete a set of core education courses. You’ll also be able to combine classes from different areas of study, such as special education, English, history, elementary education, leadership, or urban education. With our online college general education courses, you can tailor your degree to match your interests and career goals.
Learn how to implement curriculum changes that promote student achievement. Within your core courses, you’ll study topics like behavior management, educational research, and the historical development of education in America. You’ll also develop your own classroom philosophy and explore the moral purpose of education.
The education field is always changing — so it’s vital that you stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments. Our courses explore best practices for implementing technology in the classroom. You will also complete case studies that promote professional growth and development. Most importantly, you’ll learn how to develop curriculum and instruction strategies that help students thrive.
Partner with us and prepare to lead with excellence in your school.
- EDUC 518 – Educational Research and Assessment
- EDUC 604 – Foundations of Education
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
- EDUC 673 – Curriculum and Methods for Effective Instruction
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction – General Education Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in general education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs. At $415 per credit hour for full-time students, Liberty University’s M.Ed. program is available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the country.
- Our general education master’s degree can be completed in 1.5 years!
- As an online student, you can network with education professionals from across the country while earning your degree.
- By earning your M.Ed. in General Education, you could potentially advance to higher-level roles, increase your earning potential, or even launch a new career path.
Liberty’s M.Ed. in General Education Degree Online Information
- This M.Ed. in General Education degree falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Curriculum and Instruction – General Education Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a General Education Degree?
This is a flexible degree that can help equip you for many different jobs and educational settings. Some of the roles you may qualify for after earning your M.Ed. in General Education degree include:
- Educational consultant
- General education teacher*
- Instructional coordinator
*The M.Ed. in General Education does not lead to teacher licensure. However, this program may be a good fit for licensed teachers or for students who do not need state licensure to teach at a private school.
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in General Education Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.