Liberty University Welcomes Our Neighbors from the North
As a Canadian student, your admission process is unique with a special set of opportunities available to you. At Liberty University, we want to offer you the assistance, scholarships, and programs that will aid you in fulfilling your educational goals.
As you are reviewing the opportunities and admission process below, remember that our highly trained International Admissions Specialists are here to assist you while you are applying to be a student at Liberty.
Step 1: Apply
Your first step in the admission process is to submit your application to Liberty University! Additionally, there are multiple documents that are required for our Admission Committee to review your application for an admission decision. Please check out the instructions below to start your application to Liberty.
To be considered for admission eligibility:
- Apply Online
- Submit Admissions Essay
- Submit Secondary Education and College transcripts: Applicants who have completed secondary education or college-level academic coursework outside of U.S. must have their transcripts evaluated by a credential evaluation service provider that is a member of the National Association of Credential Services (NACES®). If a NACES credential evaluation was completed based on a preliminary secondary transcript for the purpose of admission to the University, the student must also submit a NACES evaluation of the final secondary credential before being permitted to register for second-semester courses.
- Submit Enrollment Deposit
To receive a SEVIS I-20 to enter the US on Student (F-1) Status:
- Submit Affidavit of Financial Support with proof of finances (see cost breakdown here)
- Submit a copy of passport (email email@example.com or fax (434) 522-0430)
To be considered for SEVIS I-20 transfer eligibility for students residing inside of the US:
Step 2: Accept
Pay your SEVIS
The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee is an integral part of your admission process, as it allows you to legally study in the United States. Be sure to pay this fee at least three days prior to crossing the U.S. border.
Step 3: ASIST
Complete Financial Check-In & Health Form
- Claim your myLU (ASIST) account by going to https://www.liberty.edu/account > Press “Click Here to Claim Your Account”
- Use your primary phone number indicated on your application
- Complete Financial Check-In in ASIST
- Review Student Housing information
- Complete the Online Health Form by logging in to ASIST > Student > Student Health Form
- Complete the online math and English assessment by logging to your myLU account > My Access > Canvas > Courses > Math assessment and English assessment
- Once you have completed FCI, you’ll be eligible to register for courses (when available). You can view our Course Registration Tutorials for registration tips and instructions.
- Review the Health Insurance Information
- Create your FERPA in ASIST
Step 4: Attend
Make Travel Arrangements & Attend Orientation
- Submit your picture for your Flames Pass, which serves as your student ID
- Notify us of your Travel Arrangements if you need to be picked up at the Lynchburg airport
- Request all final, official high school, and college transcripts to be sent to the International Admissions Office for review
- Attend International Student Orientation