Welcome to Liberty!
Be fully equipped with the information and resources you need to enjoy your life at Liberty and focus on your studies! You will find information below regarding your orientation schedule, arriving early, what to bring, banking, and making travel arrangements to Lynchburg.
As an international student, you must plan to arrive on campus by Wednesday, January 13, 2021, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Check-in is located at the International Student Center (ISC), located in DeMoss Hall, Room 2232, where you will receive your welcome information and orientation schedule. If you are not able to check-in in person due to a mandatory quarantine, please make sure you check-in online. Before you arrive on campus, please complete your Online International Orientation Course in Canvas (INTL 010).
Student ambassadors will be available to welcome you to Liberty!
After you have arrived on Liberty’s campus, please check in with the ISC in DeMoss Hall, Room 2232. You will be required to bring the below documents:
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
International Student Arrivals
Plan to arrive by Wednesday, January 13, 2020, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the International Student Center (ISC) (DeMoss Hall, Room 2232) to receive your welcome information and orientation schedule. Additionally, student ambassadors will assist you as you move into your on-campus housing.
- To-Go Breakfast at the ISC, 8 a.m.-10 a.m.
- Lunch Reber Thomas Dining Hall, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Trip to Walmart: Meet at the ISC, 1-4 p.m. – Sign up here
- Banking: BB&T or Bank of America, Grand Lobby, DeMoss Hall, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday, January 14, 2021
All new and transfer Orientation (Mandatory)
- Breakfast Boxes, 9 a.m.-10 a.m. At the International Student Center
- Virtual International Orientation, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Please join the session on the link below.
- Wells Fargo Trip, 1 p.m.- 5 p.m. We will gather at the International Student Center to visit Wells Fargo bank. Sign up Here.
- Tour of the Jerry Falwell Library 1- 2 p.m. We will meet at the International Student Center. – Sign up Here
- Campus Tour 2-3 p.m. We will meet at the International Student Center. – Sign up Here
Friday, January 15, 2021
- Virtual International Parent Session, 10-11 a.m. – Sign up Here
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) Information Session- Location Microsoft Teams 2:30 p.m. -3:00 p.m. – Sign up Here
Monday, January 18, 2021
- Q&A Coffee Break: Ask a staff member, 10 – 11:30 a.m. Please join the session on the link below.
Tuesday, January 19, 2021
- International Orientation Sessions: Adjusting to the U.S., 2 – 3:30 p.m. Please join the session on the link below.
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- International Orientation Sessions: CSER and Student Accounts, 2 – 3 p.m. Please join the session on the link below.
Thursday, January 21, 2021
- Employment Workshop, 3-4:30 p.m. Please join the session on the link below.
Friday, January 22, 2021
- Virtual International Game Night, 4-5:30 p.m. Please join the session on the link below.
Monday, January 25, 2021
- Trip to Walmart
- Meet at the International Student Center at 1pm-4pm – Sign up here
Early Arrival Students are able to arrive as early as Monday, January 11. Students arriving prior to Wednesday, January 13, will be charged $20 per day and must complete an Early Arrival Housing Request. Food will be at the student’s own expense.
Students who arrive prior to Monday, January 11 will need to stay in a local hotel at their own expense. Transit Services will provide transportation to Kirkley Hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and La Quinta, which are all located on or close to Liberty’s campus.
All students must report to the International Student Center (ISC), located in DeMoss Hall, Room 2232, upon arrival (open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m).
Starting Friday, January 8, please call (434) 592-6486 if you arrive on a weekend or after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
What to Bring with You
- I-94 (for non-Canadians), and you will receive an I-94 stamp in your passport at port of entry
- Contact phone numbers for your Admissions Counselor and Pick-up Coordinator
- Call (434) 592-6486 if you do not have the contact numbers
All immunizations and tests indicated on the Student Health Form in ASIST must be completed prior to arrival on campus. Students without an approved health form and the required immunizations and tests may be charged a $50 late fee.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Health Records. Complete the online health form before you travel and bring your medical records with you. These records must be translated into English.
Use Traveler’s Checks or U.S. cash for food, bedding, and other necessities immediately after arriving.
A U.S. bank account (or major credit card) is required to complete Financial Check-In unless you are paying in full and have your check made out to Liberty University.
Do not travel with large amounts of cash! Bring your Cashier’s Check or Bank Draft made out to yourself or Traveler’s Checks to International Orientation if you plan to open a bank account on Wednesday. The following banks will be available on campus: BB&T and Bank of America. Transportation to Well’s Fargo will be provided on January 14th. Sign up Here.
Check Deposits made to your new bank account may not be available for 2-7 business days.
Making Travel Arrangements to Lynchburg, Virginia
Liberty University is pleased to pick up first-time students from the following locations:
To Request a Pick Up:
Students needing transportation to campus from the locations listed above must complete the online registration form on our shuttle services page. If your travel plans change, please call the Transportation office at (434) 592-3640 to arrange for your new pick-up time within 24 hours.
Reservations must be made 72 hours prior to the date of travel. All students using Liberty Transit will be required to use a facemask.
All students will be required to quarantine from January 15-24. Please see the full announcement from the office of Student Health and Wellness. New international students are required to check-in on January 13, 2021. 8-week residential classes and online classes will begin on January 18, 2021, and in person on January 25, 2021. 16-week residential classes will commence in person on January 27, 2021, and will require an online check in on January 18, 2021.
All students who are coming to the United States from another country will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
For details surrounding Liberty University’s COVID-19 response, please go to www.liberty.edu/coronavirus
For international student-related concerns, please go to the International Student Center (ISC) COVID-19 page.
Please see the Spring 2021 Academic Calendar for full details.