Welcome to Liberty!
Be fully equipped with the information and resources you need to enjoy your life at Liberty and focus on your studies! You will find information below regarding your orientation schedule, arriving early, what to bring, banking, and making travel arrangements to Lynchburg.
As an international student, you must plan to arrive on campus by Wednesday, August 19, 2020, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Check-in is located at the International Student Center (DeMoss Hall, Room 2232) where you will receive your welcome information and orientation schedule.
Student ambassadors will be available to welcome you to Liberty!
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
International Student Arrivals
Plan to arrive by Wednesday, August 19, between 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the International Student Center (DeMoss Hall, Room 2232) to receive your welcome information and orientation schedule. Additionally, student ambassadors will assist you as you move into your on-campus housing.
- Light Breakfast Refreshments at the International Student Center, 8 a.m.–10 a.m.
- Lunch will be served at the International Student Center, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Trip to Walmart: Meet at the International Student Center, 1-4 p.m.
- Welcome Dinner: Montview Alumni Ballroom, Grand Lobby, 5:30-7 p.m.
Please make reservations via email@example.com.
Thursday, August 20, 2020
All new and transfer Orientation (Mandatory)
- International Orientation
- Check-in and Breakfast, DeMoss Hall, Grand Lobby, 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Campus tours, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- International Parent Session, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., DeMoss Hall, Room 1332
- Bring all travel documents, including:
- I-94 received at port of entry
- International Parents Session, 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. DeMoss Hall, Room 1332. RSVP by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Arrival Students are able to arrive as early as Monday, August 17.
Students who arrive prior to Monday, August 17 will need to stay in a local hotel at their own expense. Transit Services will provide transportation to Kirkley Hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites, and La Quinta, which are all located on or close to Liberty’s campus.
All students must report to the International Student Center (DeMoss Hall, Room 2232) upon arrival (open Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m).
Starting Friday, August 14, please call (434) 592-6486 if you arrive on a weekend or after 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
What to Bring with You
- I-94 (for non-Canadians), and you will receive an I-94 stamp in your passport at port of entry
- Contact phone numbers for your Admissions Counselor and Pick-up Coordinator
- Call (434) 592-6486 if you do not have the contact numbers
All immunizations and tests indicated on the Student Health Form in ASIST must be completed prior to arrival on campus. Students without an approved health form and the required immunizations and tests may be charged a $50 late fee.
For more information, contact the Office of Student Health Records. Complete the online health form before you travel and bring your medical records with you. These records must be translated into English.
Use Traveler’s Checks or U.S. cash for food, bedding, and other necessities immediately after arriving.
On Wednesday, August 19, representatives from local banks will be on campus to help students open a bank account. A U.S. bank account (or major credit card) is required to complete Financial Check-In unless you are paying in full and have your check made out to Liberty University.
Do not travel with large amounts of cash! Bring your Cashier’s Check or Bank Draft made out to yourself or Traveler’s Checks to International Orientation if you plan to open a bank account on Wednesday. The following banks will be available on campus: Wells Fargo, BB&T, and Bank of America. Transportation to other banks is not provided.
Check Deposits made to your new bank account may not be available for 2-7 business days.
Making Travel Arrangements to Lynchburg, Virginia
Liberty University is pleased to pick up first-time students from the following locations:
To Request a Pick Up:
Students needing transportation to campus from the locations listed above must complete the online registration form at liberty.edu/transportation. If your travel plans change, please call the Transportation office at (434) 592-3640 to arrange for your new pick-up time within 24 hours.
Reservations must be made 72 hours prior to the date of travel.