Prepare Children for the Future with Liberty’s Online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education Degree
To be successful adults, children need a firm foundation of primary education, emotional support, and good leadership. Investing in their futures is one of the most fulfilling roles you can take on as an educator. Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education will give you the tools you need to help children succeed in their educational journey. This degree can prepare you to apply best practices and theories that can help your students grow and thrive.
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education is one of only a few like it in the U.S. — and is the only 100% online bachelor’s degree that leads to teacher licensure in Virginia. Through this program, you will complete the core competencies, student teaching, and practicum requirements necessary to earn your Virginia teaching license.
Partner with Liberty and be classroom-ready immediately upon graduation! Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Once you complete Virginia licensure requirements, you can apply for reciprocity in another state.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Elementary Education B.Ed. Degree?
Liberty’s unique licensure-track elementary education program provides 100% online courses that are VDOE approved. With hands-on experience through student teaching and practicums in a classroom near you, you can learn to apply teaching theory to real-world problems.
At Liberty University, our mission is to Train Champions for Christ, so you’ll study under dedicated professors who teach from a biblical worldview and are passionate about building up teachers who pursue excellence and Christ-like compassion. They have years of real-world elementary school experience and will help you learn how to seamlessly integrate your faith into your profession.
Designed to provide maximum flexibility and convenience in a 100% online format, our bachelor’s degree in elementary education can give you the foundation you need to thrive as a teacher — without ever having to travel to a university campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Online B.Ed. in Elementary Education Degree Program?
Liberty University’s online teaching degree in elementary education will give you a thorough background in educational theories and tools you will need to create a safe, creative, and fun learning environment. You will learn how to help children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds achieve their educational best. Overall, Liberty’s online elementary teaching licensure degree is designed to prepare teachers with the practical, ethical, and legal understanding to ensure they can meet the challenges of today’s teaching environments.
While completing Liberty’s online elementary education degree, you will study critical learning theories and create portfolios and curricula that will demonstrate your expertise to future employers. Your practicum and student teaching hours are required to meet licensure requirements, but they also allow you to apply your skills in a hands-on teaching environment specific to your desired field.
Elementary Education Featured Courses
- EDUC 225 – Instructional Design for Elementary and Middle Classrooms*
- EDUC 318 – Teaching Reading to Diverse Learners*
- EDUC 350 – Behavioral and Individual Differences*
- EDUC 410 – Elementary School Curriculum*
*Course guides coming soon
Our Online B.Ed. in Elementary Education Degree Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- One of the first 100% online bachelor’s programs in the nation — and the only program in Virginia — to offer a curriculum that prepares you for initial teacher licensure.
- Students enrolled in our online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education degree will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal and extensive online library.
- With our unique 100% online licensure track, you can complete your teaching licensure requirements and apply for licensure through the state of Virginia. You can then apply for reciprocity for equivalent licensure in other states.
- Pursuing our online Bachelor of Education licensure-tracks may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Online Bachelor’s in Elementary Education Degree Information
- This online bachelor’s degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- This is a licensure-track program. You will complete the gate process for education licensure for the state of Virginia. Please ensure that Virginia’s elementary education teaching licensure will meet reciprocity requirements for your desired state.
- This program requires a background check.
- If seeking middle school add-on licensure, EDUC 412 is recommended.
- If seeking special education add-on licensure, EDSP 323 is recommended.
- View the Undergraduate Advising Guide.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with an Elementary Education Bachelor’s Degree
Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education degree can provide you with a wide range of education-related job opportunities, such as:
- Licensed elementary education teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- Private school teacher
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.