Gain More Flexibility in Your Career with a B.Ed. in Elementary Education and Middle Grades Science Option From Liberty
Pair your love of teaching with your passion for science and use that passion to educate others. Our B.Ed. is designed to make it easier to earn a dual endorsement on your future teaching license — this program allows you to earn both an elementary school and middle grades science endorsement at the same time! Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science degree can prepare you with the knowledge, experience, and licensure you’ll need to become an elementary school teacher with the additional endorsement for teaching middle school science classes.
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Elementary Education is one of only a few like it in the U.S., as it is both 100% online and leads to teacher licensure in Virginia. Through this program, you can complete the core competencies, student teaching, and practicum requirements necessary to earn your Virginia teaching license.
Training young minds for the future is a challenging yet rewarding job. We understand the importance of being an educator and influencer for the next generation of difference-makers. That’s why we have designed our B.Ed. to provide you with all the tools you will need to become a successful educator. Our courses contain cutting-edge knowledge and experiential training all rooted in a biblical worldview – allowing you to graduate as a well-prepared professional of integrity.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science Degree?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do – our academics, our professors, our standards, and more. Here is what you can look forward to by pursuing your online elementary with middle grades education degree with us:
- This is one of the first programs in the nation to offer you a curriculum that is both 100% online and prepares you for initial teaching licensure.
- Your education professors are invested in your success as a student, dedicated to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective, and equipped with years of real-life experience in the classroom.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), making your degree well-respected among employers and schools.
- Upon graduation, you will have completed licensure requirements approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), allowing you to teach in the state of Virginia or apply for reciprocity for licensure in other states.
- Be classroom-ready with over 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching.
What Will You Learn in Our B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science Degree?
Throughout your B.Ed. degree, you will be learning professional development to help you succeed in any field as well as specifics on teaching and scientific concepts. You can get a thorough background in educational theories and become equipped to deliver safe, creative, and fun classes. Our program prepares you with subjects like communication, mathematics, and biblical principles that can be used in your professional and personal life.
You’ll also learn how to teach students through hands-on, practical experience in your student teaching hours. Some of the education concepts you’ll study include:
- Behavioral and individual differences in students
- Elementary school curriculum and instruction
- How to help children from diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds achieve their educational best
- How to teach literature to children and adolescents
- Middle school curriculum and instruction
Additionally, the middle grades science option will expand on your scientific knowledge, allowing you to specialize in this coursework as a middle school science teacher. You’ll take courses on chemistry, environmental science, biology, earth science, physics, and more.
Elementary Education Featured Courses
- EDUC 225 – Instructional Design: Elementary
- EDUC 360 – Foundations of Education
- EDUC 410 – Elementary School Curriculum
- EDUC 412 – Middle School Curriculum and Instruction
- NASC 315 – Environmental Science*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This is one of the first 100% online bachelor’s programs in the nation to offer a curriculum that prepares you for initial teacher licensure.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia and other states through reciprocity.*
- Receive at least 90 practicum hours and a full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Learn from professors who are professionals in the field of education and are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
- Complete your B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science in less than 4 years!
- Pursuing our online licensure-track Bachelor of Education may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Online Bachelor’s in Elementary Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guide (login required).
- This program is designed to prepare you for licensure. Review our licensure information and resources.
- This program has practicum and student teaching requirements as well as a background check.
Career Opportunities for B.Ed. in Elementary Education – Middle Grades Science Graduates
Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education degree can help provide you for a variety of education-related jobs, such as:
- Elementary school teacher
- K-12 curriculum coordinator
- K-12 education consultant
- Middle school science teacher
- Private school teacher
- Teacher’s aide
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.