Share Your Talents and Lead the Next Generation into a Bright Future
Pursuing your teaching goals doesn’t mean putting your life on hold. With Liberty, you can earn your bachelor’s degree and teacher’s license all at once – and from the comfort of your own home. Our 100% online Bachelor of Education in Mathematics can help you obtain the credentials you need to teach 6-12 grade math and make a difference in the lives of future students.
Imagine a career inspiring the next generation of business professionals, engineers, and even educators. Your ability to translate the complexities of math to these young minds will have a lasting impact. The advances we are making in society and technology today are just the beginning – we need more bright minds involved in the discoveries of tomorrow. So partner with Liberty to get the tools you – and your students – will need to be successful.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education Program?
Liberty’s unique licensure-track B.Ed. programs provide 100% online, Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) approved courses. With hands-on experience through student teaching and practicums in a classroom near you, you can learn to apply teaching theory to real-world problems.
With Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can be confident that you’ll study under dedicated professors who teach from a biblical worldview and are passionate about building up teachers who pursue excellence and Christ-like compassion. Our faculty have years of experience in their fields and will help you learn how to seamlessly integrate biblical principles into your profession.
Designed to provide maximum flexibility and convenience as a fully online program, our bachelor’s degree in math education for 6-12 grade students can give you the foundation you need to thrive as a teacher — without ever having to travel to a university campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Mathematics Education Degree?
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Mathematics Education is broken down into 4 major components: education courses, practicum and gate courses, math courses, and student teaching. Your education courses explore the major aspects any teacher has to learn, such as evaluating student learning, creating curriculums, and determining behavioral and individual differences between students.
In your mathematics courses, you will explore topics ranging from calculus and analytic geometry to programming and discrete mathematics. You can also choose between several of your math courses to better tailor your degree to your teaching goals.
Lastly, your practicum and student teaching courses provide an opportunity to put your knowledge to the test. You’ll work in the classroom alongside a licensed teacher to see how the principles you’ve learned apply in the real world.
- CSIS 111 – Introduction to Programming
- MATH 131 – Calculus and Analytical Geometry I
- MATH 321 – Linear Algebra*
- MATH 350 – Discrete Mathematics
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.Ed. Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Receive at least 240 hours of practical classroom experience prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
B.Ed. Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Review our licensure information and resources.
Career Opportunities for Math Education Graduates
Upon successful completion of the B.Ed. in Mathematics, you will be prepared with a well-respected degree in education, Virginia licensure, and over 200 hours of classroom experience. This degree will equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a math teacher for grades 6-12.
This degree can also prepare you for the following career opportunities:
- Budget Analyst
- Curriculum coordinator
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.