Help Students Understand the Forces of Physics by Earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Physics Education
Are you fascinated with things like electricity, magnetism, and mechanics? Maybe you love to take something apart and put it back together so you can figure out how it works. If that sounds like you, then you might have a passion for physics — a passion you’ll want to share, teach, and inspire in the next generation.
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Physics Education (6-12) can help you get there. Our degree can help you gain the tools you need to become an educator in today’s world — including a teaching license. Partner with us today and make a positive impact on your future students.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online B.Ed. Degree in Physics Education?
Choosing where to pursue your degree is a major decision. At Liberty, we believe that we can help you get where you need to go. Our program can help you gain cutting-edge knowledge, hands-on experience, and a teaching license approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty University for your physics teaching degree:
- Practical Learning | You can gain hands-on experience by completing 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Flexibility | Your courses are all offered in a 100% online, 8-week format with the exception of your practicum and student teaching hours, which can be completed at a school near you.
- Integrity | All of our courses are taught from a Christian perspective, so you can graduate prepared to teach your students ethically and with biblical principles in mind.
What Will You Learn in Our Physics B.Ed. Courses Online?
Throughout this Bachelor of Education program, you will be taught foundational skills and subjects that can be applied to nearly any profession — like oral and written communication, mathematics, psychology, and Christian ethics. You will also learn how to successfully teach middle school and high school students. In particular, you’ll study how to teach in the discipline of physics.
Your education courses will help you understand core aspects of classroom teaching. You’ll explore teaching methods, instructional design, curriculum development, and methods for engaging with different types of learners. You will also have the opportunity to put all of this knowledge into practice during your practicum and student teaching hours.
Your physics courses can help equip you to effectively teach this subject to your students. Some of the topics you’ll study include:
- Electricity and magnetism
- Numerical methods in physics
- Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
- Wave optics
- EDUC 360 – Foundations of Education
- PHYS 305 – Introduction to Modern Physics
- PHYS 331 – Electricity and Magnetism
- PHYS 440 – Wave Optics*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s Online B.Ed. in Physics Education Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your B.Ed. online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) — so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Pursue licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Complete 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
B.Ed. in Physics Education Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our B.Ed. in Physics Education.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program is designed to prepare you for licensure. Review our licensure information and resources.
- This program has practicum and student teaching requirements as well as a background check.
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor of Education in Physics Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with a Physics Education Degree?
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Physics Education can help you start your education career. Some of the roles you may be suited for include:
- Curriculum coordinator
- High school physics teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- Middle school physics teacher
- Private school teacher
Upon successful completion of the 100% online B.Ed. degree program, you can graduate equipped with a well-respected degree in education and Virginia licensure as well as 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching. This program can help provide the resources, tools, and knowledge you need to succeed as a 6th-12th grade physics teacher.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor of Education Online Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.