Use the Sciences to Inspire Students by Earning a Physics and Earth Science Education Degree
If you have a love for science and want to use your passion to educate the next generation, then a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) is for you! This degree can help you learn the fundamentals of teaching, gain classroom experience, and earn your teaching license. You can take your interests and turn them into a career that changes lives and positively impacts the future.
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Education in Physics Education – Earth Science (6-12) can give you all the tools and experience you’ll need to become a successful middle school or high school science teacher. Are you ready to help young people live up to their full potential? If so, partner with us – we can help you earn the credentials you’ll need to inspire your future students.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.Ed. in Physics Education – Earth Science Degree?
Choosing where to pursue your degree is an important decision. At Liberty, we believe that we can help you get where you need to go. Our program can provide you with cutting-edge knowledge and techniques, hands-on experience, and a teaching license approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty University for your education degree:
- Practical Learning | you can gain hands-on experience with a minimum of 390 hours between your practicums and student teaching.
- Flexibility | Your courses are all offered in a 100% online, 8-week format. Your practicum and student teaching can be completed at a school near you.
- Integrity | Each of our courses is taught from a Christian perspective, so you can graduate prepared to teach your students ethically and with biblical principles in mind.
What Will You Learn in Our Physics and Earth Science Education Degree?
Throughout your Bachelor of Education, you will be taught foundational skills and subjects that can be applied to nearly any profession – like oral and written communication, mathematics, psychology, and Christian ethics. You will also gain the competence to teach middle school and high school students successfully. And you can be prepared to teach in the disciplines of physics and earth science.
Your education courses can equip you with the knowledge and skills for classroom teaching. You’ll learn teaching methods, instructional design, curriculum development, and how to engage with different types of learners. You will also have the opportunity to put all of this knowledge into practice during your practicum and student teaching hours.
Your physics and earth science courses will can give you the knowledge needed to teach these subjects effectively to your students. Some of the topics you’ll study include:
- Electricity and magnetism
- Mineralogy and petrology
- Quantum physics
- Thermodynamics and statistical mechanics
- Wave optics
- EDUC 360 – Foundations of Education
- PHSC 210 – Elements of Earth Science
- PHSC 311 – Oceanography*
- PHYS 305 – Introduction to Modern Physics*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Liberty’s B.Ed. Online in Physics Education — Earth Science
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your B.Ed. online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) – so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Through the B.Ed., you can graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- With at least 390 hours of practical classroom experience prior to graduation, you will walk away with valuable hands-on experience.
- You will observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
B.Ed. in Physics Education — Earth Science Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our B.Ed. in Physics Education — Earth Science.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Bachelor of Education Degree in Physics Education— Earth Science
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Opportunities for B.Ed. in Physics Education – Earth Science Graduates
Liberty’s B.Ed. in physics and earth science can help you start your education career. Some of the roles you may be suited for include:
- Curriculum coordinator
- High school teacher
- Homeschool teacher
- Middle school teacher
- Private school teacher
Upon successful completion of the 100% online B.Ed. program, you can be prepared with a well-respected degree in education, Virginia licensure, and 390 hours of classroom experience. This degree can equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a 6-12 physics and earth science teacher.
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor of Education Online Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.