Get Your Teaching License in Middle School Math with a 100% Online Bachelor’s Degree
Have you considered becoming a math teacher but the idea of taking residential college courses seems impossible? With Liberty’s online Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education, you can complete your bachelor’s degree and become licensed without ever traveling to our physical campus!
Our math-focused B.Ed. program provides the specific coursework and state requirements you need to confidently teach math to middle school students. And even though our program is online, you won’t be missing out on hands-on, classroom experience. Your online courses integrate practicum and student teaching hours that you can complete at a school near you.
Get the training you need without uprooting your life. Your online bachelor’s degree in middle school math is the chance you’ve been looking for to pursue your dreams of teaching.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s B.Ed. in Middle Education – Math Degree?
Earning your online Bachelor of Education from Liberty provides you with the flexibility you want mixed with the standard of academic excellence you need. Our B.Ed. is one of the first programs in the nation that is 100% online and can prepare you for initial teaching licensure.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). Because of this, your degree will be well-recognized and well-respected among other schools and employers.
Additionally, this program provides you with licensure approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), allowing you to teach in the state of Virginia immediately upon graduation.* This degree can prepare you with all the tools and education you’ll need to be successful in the classroom.
*If you are planning to teach in a state other than Virginia, please check the licensure requirements for your state.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Math-Focused Middle Education Degree?
The bachelor’s degree in middle education can prepare you with a variety of foundational courses in English, communication, math, history, physics, psychology, biology, history, and more. You’ll be well-prepared to communicate these ideas and topics to your students.
Additionally, you’ll study a variety of courses that focus on educating children and adolescents. Some of your courses will include topics like classroom teaching, instructional design for middle school classrooms, behavioral and individual differences of students, and how to teach reading, writing, and language to diverse learners. Plus, you’ll complete a total of 390 hours of classroom experience prior to graduation.
With your concentration in math, you’ll complete courses on the following subjects so you can be better prepared to teach math to middle school students:
- Functions and coordinate geometry
- Mathematical reasoning
- Probability and statistics
- EDUC 201 – Introduction to Education and Classroom Technology
- EDUC 318 – Teaching Reading to Diverse Learners*
- EDUC 350 – Behavioral and Individual Differences
- EDUC 360 – Foundations of Education*
*Course guide not currently available
Highlights of Our B.Ed. in Middle Education – Math Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Bachelor of Education from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Receive at least 390 hours of practical classroom experience prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
- Learn from professors who are professionals in the field of education and are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
B.Ed. Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Practicum and student teaching hours are required for this degree.
- A background check is required for licensure in this degree.
Military Benefits for Our Online B.Ed. Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Career Opportunities for Middle Education – Math Graduates
Upon successful completion of the B.Ed. in Middle Education, you can be prepared with a well-respected degree in education, Virginia licensure, and 390 hours of classroom experience. This degree can equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a middle school math teacher.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.