Prepare for More with Liberty’s Licensure-Track B.Ed. in Business Education
Is your dream to become a teacher? Are you looking for a degree that provides career flexibility and training in the subjects that interest you most? Liberty’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Business Education for 6-12 grade students can help. Whether you want to teach business to middle school or secondary students, our B.Ed. business degree is the path to get you there.
By completing courses in the licensure track, you will walk away with a degree that can prepare you to teach business classes in public and private school settings. Because our degree contains a core set of business classes, you can also be prepared for work in the business industry.
Give yourself more options by choosing a degree that provides job opportunities you know will be rewarding for years to come.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education Program?
Liberty’s unique licensure-track B.Ed. programs provide 100% online, Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) approved courses. With hands-on experience through student teaching and practicums in a classroom near you, you can learn to apply teaching theory to real-world problems.
With Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can be confident that you’ll study under dedicated professors who teach from a biblical worldview and are passionate about building up teachers who pursue excellence and Christ-like compassion. Our faculty have years of experience in their fields and will help you learn how to seamlessly integrate biblical principles into your profession.
Designed to provide maximum flexibility and convenience as a fully online program, our bachelor’s degree in business education for 6-12 grade students can give you the foundation you need to thrive as a teacher — without ever having to travel to a university campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s Degree in Business Education?
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Business Education is broken down into 4 major components: education courses, practicum and gate courses, business courses, and student teaching. Your education courses explore the major aspects any teacher has to learn, such as evaluating student learning, creating curriculums, and evaluating behavioral and individual differences between students.
As a business education student, you can complete additional courses focused on a wide range of relevant topics, such as accounting, business law, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and information systems. The practicum and student teaching courses will then put your knowledge to the test. You’ll work in the classroom alongside a licensed teacher to see how the principles you’ve learned apply in the real world.
- ACCT 211 – Financial Principles
- BUSI 301 – Legal and Ethical Concepts for Decision Makers
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- BUSI 320 – Finance Principles
Highlights of Our B.Ed. Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education meets rigorous national standards for educator preparation set by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Complete 90 in-person practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
B.Ed. Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Review our licensure information and resources.
Career Opportunities for Business Education Graduates
Upon successful completion of the B.Ed. in Business Education, you can be prepared with a well-respected degree in education and Virginia licensure, as well as 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching. This degree can equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a business teacher for grades 6-12.
You may pursue other career opportunities such as:
- Business owner or operator
- Christian or private school teacher
- Curriculum coordinator
- Homeschool teacher
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.