Prepare for More with Liberty’s Licensure-Track B.Ed. in Business Education
Is your dream to become a teacher? Are you looking for a degree that provides career flexibility and training in the subjects that interest you most? Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Business Education for 6-12 grade students can help. Whether you want to teach business to middle school or secondary students, our B.Ed. business degree is the path to get you there.
By completing courses in the licensure track, you will walk away with a degree that prepares you to teach business classes in public and private school settings. Because our degree contains a core set of business classes, you will also be prepared for work in the business industry.
Give yourself more options by choosing a degree that provides job opportunities you know will be rewarding for years to come.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education Program?
Liberty’s unique licensure-track B.Ed. programs provide 100% online, Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) approved courses. With hands-on experience through student teaching and practicums in a classroom near you, you can learn to apply teaching theory to real-world problems.
With Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ, you can be confident that you’ll study under dedicated professors who teach from a biblical worldview and are passionate about building up teachers who pursue excellence and Christ-like compassion. Our faculty have years of experience in their fields and will help you learn how to seamlessly integrate biblical principles into your profession.
Designed to provide maximum flexibility and convenience as a fully online program, our bachelor’s degree in business education for 6-12 grade students can give you the foundation you need to thrive as a teacher — without ever having to travel to a university campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s Degree in Business Education?
Liberty’s B.Ed. in Business Education is broken down into 4 major components: education courses, practicum and gate courses, business courses, and student teaching. Your education courses explore the major aspects any teacher has to learn, such as evaluating student learning, creating curriculums, and evaluating behavioral and individual differences between students.
As a business education student, you will complete additional courses focused on a wide range of relevant topics, such as accounting, business law, management, marketing, entrepreneurship, and information systems. The practicum and student teaching courses will then put your knowledge to the test. You’ll work in the classroom alongside a licensed teacher to see how the principles you’ve learned apply in the real world.
- ACCT 211 – Financial Accounting
- BUSI 301 – Business Law
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- BUSI 320 – Corporate Finance
Highlights of Our B.Ed. Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years – and counting.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia.
- Receive at least 240 hours of practical classroom experience prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
B.Ed. Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- Review our licensure information and resources.
Career Opportunities for Business Education Graduates
Upon successful completion of the B.Ed. in Business Education, you will be prepared with a well-respected degree in education, Virginia licensure, and over 200 hours of classroom experience. This degree will equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a business teacher for grades 6-12.
You may pursue other career opportunities such as:
- Business owner or operator
- Christian or private school teacher
- Curriculum coordinator
- Homeschool teacher
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.