Why Choose One of Liberty University’s Online Education Degrees at the Bachelor’s Level?
Children need strong role models who can help shape them into responsible citizens. You can be that mentor for the youth in your community with an online bachelor’s in education degree from Liberty University. Our School of Education is committed to providing the highest quality training for educators based on leading research and biblical principles. Partner with us and make a positive impact on the students in your community.
Our 100% online bachelor’s programs in education enable you to earn your degree from the comfort of your own home or office at times that are convenient for you. Explore our online bachelor’s of education degree programs to find the best fit for your career goals. Apply online today or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.
Can you go to school online to be a teacher?
Yes – if you want to become a teacher, then Liberty University’s bachelor’s in education degrees can help you get there.
If you want to meet all the requirements for teacher licensure with a bachelor’s program, then consider one of our BEd degrees online. These programs are designed to help you fulfill all licensure requirements. This includes core content as well as practical application during student teaching.
If you want to gain an education foundation that can lead to a master’s program, consider a B.S. in Education program. These degrees are designed to give you all the foundational knowledge you need to work in the field of education. However, this program does not meet state licensure requirements. Upon graduation, you will need to pursue a program like our Master of Arts in Teaching if you are still interested in licensure.
Are online education degrees respected?
Your degree will be respected if you are attending a reputable institution with appropriate accreditation. Whether or not your program is online is irrelevant to most employers, but it could make all the difference in your experience as a student.
All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by NCATE through CAEP. This accreditation proves that our education degrees meet rigorous academic standards.
Additionally, our BEd online requires you to complete student teaching at a school near you. This gives you real classroom experience in a location that is convenient to you. All of your other courses are completed online and at your own pace.
What is the best online college for a teaching degree?
The best online college will depend on your needs as a student. While there may be other online education programs available, we believe Liberty’s education degrees stand out. Here’s why:
- All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by NCATE through CAEP. You can rest assured that your degree will be respected at the institutions where you want to teach.
- We are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ. This means all your coursework is taught from a Christian perspective so you can become an educator of integrity.
- All of your courses can be completed 100% online, and your student teaching can be completed at a school near you.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Degrees
Fulfill all initial licensure requirements approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
- Business Education (6-12)
- Elementary Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- English Education (6-12)
- Mathematics Education (6-12)
- Middle Education
- Physics Education (6-12)
- Physics Education – Earth Science (6-12)
- Social Studies Education (6-12)
- Special Education
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Teaching Degrees
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your B.S. in Education or B.Ed. online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- All of our School of Education initial and advanced licensure programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our B.S. in Education and B.Ed. degrees are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Military Benefits for Our Online Education Bachelor’s Degrees
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Undergraduate military tuition rates have not increased in over 10 years