Prepare Young Minds with Foundational Science Concepts by Earning a Bachelor’s in Education
Are you excited about science and sharing new ideas with others? If you are interested in taking your passion for science into the classroom and using it to educate others, becoming a licensed teacher may be the right career choice for you. Liberty University’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education – Science degree can prepare you with the knowledge, experience, and licensure you’ll need to become a middle school science teacher.
Training young minds for the future is a challenging yet rewarding job. We understand the importance of being an educator and influencer for the next generation of difference-makers. That’s why we have designed our B.Ed. to provide you with all the tools you will need to become a successful educator. Our courses contain cutting-edge knowledge and experiential training all rooted in a biblical worldview – allowing you to graduate as a well-prepared professional.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor of Education in Middle School Science?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. In keeping with that mission, we strive for excellence in all that we do – our academics, our professors, our standards, and more. Here is what you can look forward to by pursuing your online middle education degree with us:
- This is one of the first programs in the nation to offer you a curriculum that is both 100% online and can prepare you for initial teaching licensure.
- Your education professors are invested in your success as a student, dedicated to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective, and equipped with years of real-life experience in the classroom.
- Liberty’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), making your degree well-respected among employers and other schools.
- Upon graduation, you can complete licensure requirements approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE), allowing you to teach in the state of Virginia or apply for reciprocity for licensure in other states.
- Be classroom-ready with 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching.
What Will You Learn in Our B.Ed. in Middle Education – Science Degree?
Throughout your B.Ed. program, you will be learning professional development to help you succeed in any field as well as specifics on scientific concepts and teaching adolescents. Our program prepares you with subjects like communication, mathematics, and biblical principles that can be used in your professional and personal life.
You’ll also learn how to teach students, which will include practical experience in your student teaching hours. Some of the education concepts you’ll study include:
- Behavioral and individual differences in students
- Classroom teaching
- How to teach literature to children and adolescents
- Middle school curriculum and instruction
Additionally, your science cognate will expand on your scientific knowledge allowing you to specialize in this coursework as a middle school science teacher. You’ll take courses on chemistry, environmental science, biology, earth science, physics, and more.
- EDUC 319 – Teaching Writing and Language Arts to Diverse Learners
- EDUC 360 – Foundations of Education
- EDUC 412 – Middle School Curriculum and Instruction
- PHSC 121 – Introduction to Astronomy
Highlights of Our B.Ed. in Middle Education – Science Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through CAEP, so you can pursue your degree with confidence.
- Graduate with licensure credentials to teach in the state of Virginia and other states through reciprocity.*
- Complete 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- Observe and teach in a variety of school settings with your required practicum and student teaching hours.
- Learn from professors who are professionals in the field of education and are dedicated to our mission of Training Champions for Christ.
- Complete your B.Ed. in Middle Education – Science in less than 4 years!
- Pursuing our online licensure-track Bachelor of Education may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved Bachelor of Education program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Bachelor of Education in Middle Education – Science Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program has practicum and student teaching requirements.
- This program requires a background check.
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for B.Ed. in Middle Education – Science Graduates
Liberty’s Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Middle Education degree can help you pursue a variety of education-related jobs, such as:
- K-12 curriculum coordinator
- K-12 education consultant
- Middle school science teacher
- Private school teacher
- Teacher’s aide
Upon successful completion of the 100% online B.Ed. in Middle Education, you can be prepared with a well-respected degree in education and Virginia licensure as well as 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching. This degree can equip you with all the necessary resources, tools, and knowledge needed to succeed as a middle school science teacher.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.