Prepare for a Great Career in IT with Our Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree
Have you ever wondered why Information Technology is one of the hottest career fields to pursue? According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the projected job growth for the next ten years is 13 percent. The median salary for an IT position is nearly twice as much as the average salary for all other occupations.
Through Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, you will not only be able to join the ranks of IT professionals with bright futures, but you will also be able to perform valuable service to companies or government. We have four different areas of specialization for you to choose from including Application and Database Development, Data Networking and Security, Gaming Design, and Web and Mobile Programming.
You will learn how to develop IT services, software, and systems, but more importantly, you will develop a foundation in leadership and teamwork within the context of a Christian worldview. As part of our bachelor’s degree program, you will complete a capstone course that helps you learn how to solve problems in the industry. Recent projects have already developed programs that can benefit businesses, non-profits, and government organizations. Your future developments will help make data safer, companies more efficient, and perhaps revolutionize the world of information technology.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology?
Learning useful skills that have real-world application is the thing that attracts many people to our Information Technology bachelor’s program. In addition to the practical book knowledge you gain, you will also take part in hands-on learning opportunities in our labs and classrooms. Our professors have real-world knowledge and training that they will impart, all from a Christian worldview.
Besides your studies, you will find plenty of student organizations associated with the School of Business. You’ll not only fellowship with like-minded individuals, but also join competitions and events that will help hone your skills as an IT professional.
As one of the largest residential Christian colleges in the nation, we have the resources you need to make the most of your bachelor’s degree. Our New York and Washington Fellowships program provides the hands-on experience you need through internships with many companies.
- Certifications – Our bachelor degree programs in information technology can help you achieve valuable industry certifications through our partnerships with leading organizations such as Cisco Networking Academy and Oracle University.
- Cisco Networking Academy – Learn more about Cisco Networking Academy and take advantage of Liberty University’s relationship with Cisco to receive certification.
- Oracle University – Liberty University offers a comprehensive, 8-week format to get you Oracle certified through our Oracle University.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Information Technology Degree Program?
Our Bachelor of Science in Information Technology will provide you with the fundamental knowledge of software, mobile, and web development. You will study a variety of subjects related to information technology such as cybersecurity, cloud computing, and database design. Since most everything we do today is connected to the Internet, you will learn both networking and telecommunications so that you can bring value to your future employer.
The user experience is another important aspect of programming and software development, so you will gain the skills you need for system administration. Learning user experience design will help you to develop programs that are not only useful but also user-friendly.
Application and Database Development
Our B.S. in Information Technology – Application and Database Development degree track prepares you to meet the growing need for application and database developers who are ready to take on challenging real-world projects.
Download and review the Application & Database Development track Degree Completion Plan.
- CSIS 209: C# Programming
- CSIS 327: Introduction to Oracle
- CSIS 328: Advanced Oracle
- CSIS 410: Web Enterprise Technologies
- Application Designer
- Applications Developer
- Database Administrator
- Database Analyst
- Software Programmer
Data Networking and Security
Our B.S. in Information Technology – Gaming Design will equip you with the technical skills necessary for success in the video game industry. You will be prepared to take on real-world projects in this growing field.
Review our B.S. in Information Technology – Gaming Design Degree Completion Plan.
- ARTS 222 Introduction to Graphic Design
- ARTS 342 Digital Imaging
- ARTS 473 Introduction to 3D Graphics
- ARTS 474 Interactive Game Development
- Creative Director
- Graphics Director
- Mobile User Interface Designer
- Software Programmer
- Video Game Designer
Web and Mobile Programming
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Information Technology Degree Program
- The Department of Homeland Security and National Security Agency have designated Liberty University as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education for the B.S. in Information Technology with Data Networking and Security Cognate.
- There is a possibility of pursuing multiple cognates due to the allowable electives within your degree.
- Our School of Business is located in a state-of-the-art 78,000-square-foot building on campus and provides you with information technology labs, a networking and data center, simulated stock trading room with New York Stock Exchange display boards, Entrepreneurship Center for Innovation, Center for Cyber Excellence and Center for Financial Literacy.
- Your professors care about your success and outcomes.
- You’re provided with the opportunity to graduate with a variety of certificates like Microsoft, SAP, Cisco, Oracle, etc.
Our Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Our B.S. in Information Technology Graduates
- Database Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Software Developer
- Systems Administrator
- Web and Mobile Developer
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed by the admission committee on a case-by-case basis, meaning there are no set minimums for acceptance. However, all applicants must submit the following documents* for admission:
- Admission application
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts (if applicable)
- SAT, ACT, or CLT scores
- Admission essay
*Note that additional documentation may be requested by the admission committee after your application has been received.