The Washington Fellowship
Start Your Journey to Washington, D.C. Today
Experience the thrill of the city while living in the heart of the nation’s capital and participating in a competitive internship that will give you a professional edge. Prepare for your career while you intern with some of the largest companies in the world through Liberty University’s Washington, D.C. Fellowship.
Have questions about the fellowship or want to learn more?
Where Our Students Have Worked
Why Join the Fellowship Program?
Offered Every Semester
Worried about graduating on time? Don’t!
The Fellowship is offered in fall, spring, and summer. This helps you complete your credits on time and stay on track for graduation.
Financial Aid & Scholarship
Here’s some great news!
You can use your scholarship and financial aid money towards your Fellowship when you participate in the fall or spring semesters.
Experience historical downtown housing.
In the Fellowship, we place you in student housing in downtown D.C. Here, you’ll room with other LU students.
Travel is easy.
Get a monthly Metro Card from your Program Coordinator for each month you are in the city.
It’s all in who you know.
While in the Fellowship, you’ll meet several different groups in your field including alumni, young professionals, and important community leaders.
Prepare for your career throughout your time in the Fellowship and beyond.
Our Program Coordinators will coach you on networking skills, writing a cover letter, professional dress, and more!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the process?
- After submitting your application, if you meet the minimum requirements, you will be contacted for your first interview with the Fellowship team. You will be asked “get to know you” type questions and have the opportunity to meet with a student who has already completed the program. Got questions about the program? Have them ready!
- Your second interview will a more formal one with the Program Coordinator. This interview will help determine your qualifications and competitiveness to be accepted. Come with a list of companies/organizations where you would like to intern.
I’m accepted! Now, what happens?
- Congratulations! As soon as you’re accepted, you will start working one-on-one with your Program Coordinator. You will work on your resume, cover letters, applications, mock interviews, professional learning, etc.
- The Program Coordinator will also suggest internships that have placement opportunities.
- The program fee is dependent on which semester you attend. The cost varies between $5,100 – $7,100.
- In the fall and spring semesters, you will pay tuition plus the program fee. In the summer, you will pay per credit hour plus the program fee, if you take your internship for credit.
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative GPA
- Minimum 21 credit hours within major (some majors require 24 hours)
- Must clear a Student Conduct Check
- Must be 18-29 years of age per housing guidelines
Get Started on Your Application Today!
Please submit only one application and both opportunities, the Washington, D.C. and New York City fellowships can be discussed.
“The Washington Fellowship gave me the opportunity to live in D.C. with a great community and
support system to return to after work each day. I am so grateful for all the Fellowship and my
internships afforded me and I am
pursuing a career in D.C. because of this experience.”
– Emily W.
“I loved my time with the Washington Fellowship. Living and working in the heart of
Washington, D.C. was an experience I will never forget. I had an awesome internship and
gained valuable experience in my field of interest.”
– Luke D.
“The Washington Fellowship was a great experience I will never forget. It gave me the
opportunity to live in D.C. among like-minded peers and friends while I interned at the White
House. Little did I know when I started my internship that it would turn into a job opportunity!
Now I live and work in D.C. and I would not have had this experience apart from the fellowship.”
– Hannah R.