Create a Better Workplace with an MBA in Human Resources
With an MBA in Human Resources, you can be a leader in any private, government, or nonprofit corporation Our Master of Business Administration in Human Resources focuses on real-world application, taught by a faculty who have first-hand experience in the field. Your Liberty master’s in business administration – human resources will prepare you to create a better work environment for employees in any setting.
With a specialization in human resources, you will be able to help business and organizations develop critical systems for recruiting new hires, managing company culture, maintaining payroll, and developing current employees. Our program will equip you to succeed in the field while incorporating your Christian faith with integrity.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Human Resources Degree?
Choose an MBA in Human Resources that is known for getting results:
- 95% of residential faculty have terminal degrees and industry experience
- Our graduates work in all Fortune 100 companies
- 80% of our MBA graduates work in a career related to their field of study
- Liberty grads work for companies like Apple, Google, and Ernst & Young!
Our human resources track will give you the specific skill set that employers are looking for in leadership. Taught by a faculty of seasoned industry professionals from a Christian worldview, Liberty’s MBA in human resources will equip you to conquer the challenges of the business field with integrity.
What Will You Learn in Our MBA in Human Resources Degree?
In Liberty’s MBA in Human Resources degree, you will learn vital skills in staff management, workforce planning, hiring processes, and conflict resolution. Your professors are experts in their field and will give you essential context to apply these skills to real-world challenges. Learn how to manage compensation, create strong company communication, and develop systems to train both new hires and seasoned team members.
You will also study vital business concepts in marketing, finance, business law, market research, organizational design, global economics, human resources, and operations management. This variety of advanced business skills will help give you the flexibility you need to conquer the ever-changing challenges of the business world.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
BUSI 643 – Workforce Planning and Employment
- Examine the changing nature of the labor market, including conceptual, operational, and legal
- Study the legal, ethical, and economic factors affecting recruitment, selection, placement, and appraisal.
- Students will learn to synthesize theory with application and evaluate the effectiveness of an organization’s workforce planning and employment strategies.
- Understand strategic organizational considerations and developing decision-making skills related to the staffing process will be emphasized through text readings, case studies, experiential exercises, and secondary research.
BUSI 644 – Human Resources Development
- This course integrates theory with a practical approach to the topic of human resources development (HRD) with a focus on the design, implementation, and management of employee orientation, training, and career development programs.
- A comprehensive view of the concepts, processes, and philosophies of training and development is presented in this course.
- Examine current trends and research related to the various aspects of the human resource development function.
- Students will discuss the history and future of HRD, strategies, methods, materials, and measurement of training programs, as well as apply the processes involved in designing, developing, and implementing appropriate and effective training programs.
BUSI 645 – Compensation Management
- The course will focus on the critical issues related to the strategic management of the organization’s compensation and benefits
- Topics discussed will include the components and strategic analysis of compensation systems, bases for pay, designing compensation systems, legally required and discretionary employee benefits, and contemporary strategic compensation challenges.
- Students will learn to apply tools for decision-making complex, compensation related environments, as well as design, develop, and implement compensation strategies that achieve value-added results, thereby enabling organizations to more effectively and efficiently achieve their goals.
COMS 560 – Communication and Conflict
Analysis of theories and research of the role of communication in the conflict in interpersonal, group, organizational, and societal contexts.
MBA in Human Resource Degree Information
Career Opportunities for Human Resources MBA Degree Graduates
- College Instructor
- Corporate Development Associate
- Entrepreneur/Business Owner
- Human Resource Manager
- Product Manager
- Workforce Manager
Highlights of Our Master of Business Administration – Human Resource Degree
- We tailor our graduate business degrees for the working professions. Take evening classes, one-week intensives, and online courses to make your degree better fit your busy schedule.
- Our MBA degrees are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Our 78,000-square-foot School of Business provides you with:
- Get involved with our business-related student organizations and honor societies.
- 3+1 Accelerated Business Program, so you can get your bachelor’s and master’s in just four years!
Admission Requirements for Graduate Degrees
Every application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and all applicants must submit the following documents and meet the minimum requirements for admission:
- Admission application
- Official bachelor’s degree transcripts with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- At least 15 hours of upper level (300-400 level) undergraduate coursework in business, or our BMAL 590 course with a graduate GPA of 3.0
Self-certification form (for students who are in the final term of their bachelor’s degree)
- Current Liberty undergraduate students seeking preliminary acceptance into a graduate program must complete a graduation application through their ASIST account