Why Choose Liberty University’s Helms School of Government?
Liberty wants to help you prepare for your career by providing online associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degree programs that fit your needs and goals. We also have a variety of certificates to aid you in targeting your interests with specialized, in-demand skills.
We offer these programs in a convenient, affordable, and flexible online format, all from a Christian worldview. Our faculty has real-world experience in the criminal justice and government fields and are grounded in the Christian faith.
The professional knowledge and expertise you find here will not only aid in your academic success but will assist you in being a leader in the field of your choice. If you are a busy professional or taking courses online is new to you, Liberty’s award-winning online learning environment will fit your schedule and your needs. You can take all our courses 100% online from the comfort of your own home or office and stay connected with your family, your community, and your job.
View Available Programs in Helms School of Government
Govern with the Guidance of Christian Values and Ethics
As you go out into the world of government and public service, your online degree will equip you with the tools needed to perform your duties to your nation, state, or local community with distinction. Here are some of the many ways you can put your education to use:
- Become a police officer with an online bachelor’s degree in criminal justice and additional training.
- Work as an administrative officer with an online bachelor’s degree in government.
- Work as a city manager with an online master’s degree in public administration.
- Become a diplomat or foreign service officer with an online master’s degree in international relations.
- Work as a regulatory affairs manager with an online bachelor’s degree in political science.
- Work as an officer in the fire department with an online bachelor’s degree in fire administration.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree and certificate programs offer students great benefits:
Liberty isranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibilityby BestColleges.com — andone of the top 10 online schools in Americaby Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our government programs are offered in 8-week course formats, with 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Undergraduate Military Benefits
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.