Enhance Your Knowledge of Government Policy and Procedure By Earning an Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration
Liberty University’s 100% online Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration will enhance your knowledge and training in political and economic decision making ranging from local to international levels. You can learn strategic leadership, management, and financial skills as you learn to be successful in the modern business world. You will also study the importance of applying ethics to management practices and integrating faith with learning in a professional atmosphere.
Average Annual Salary
The average annual salary for social and community service managers was $69,690 in 2020.*
The courses of our Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration are offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives.
Demand for social and community service managers is projected to grow by 29,800 over the next 10 years.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Social and Community Service Managers (visited June 18, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration?
Our online undergraduate certificate program gives you fast-track training in the foundational competencies needed for a successful public administration career. You can complete this public administration certificate program 100% online which means you can stay connected to your family and work responsibilities while you gain a quality education. By having a large network of alumni and fellow students, you will gain a community of like-minded individuals with similar aspirations.
Certificate in Public Administration Potential Career Options
Our public administration certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are a number of different positions that could benefit from our public administration certificate:
- Budget analyst
- Compliance officer
- Foundation program officer
- Legislative aide
- Military officer
- Nonprofit manager
- Public official
- Public policy analyst
- Research associate
- Urban planner
The managerial and critical thinking skills that you gain from our certificate in public administration can be an asset in many career paths as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the bachelor’s in public administration online which can be your ticket to even more employment opportunities. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a public administration certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration?
The courses in this certificate provide training in the various forms of government and their impact on society, individual communities, and the private business sector. Additionally, your professors will introduce you to key public administration concepts like fiscal policies, taxation, and budgeting.
If you are looking for an academic program for career advancement purposes, you might want to consider completing a bachelor’s degree. We offer many comparable degrees to the field of public administration.
- BUSI 240 – Organizational Behavior I
- BUSI 310 – Principles of Management
- PADM 360 – Introduction to Public Administration
- PADM 462 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- PADM 475 – Advanced Public Administration
- PADM 485 – Public Administration Leadership and Community Engagement
Undergraduate Public Administration Certificate Information
- This certificate falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Admission Requirements for the Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.
Benefits of the Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your certificate in public administration online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years ̶ and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete this Undergraduate Certificate in Public Administration in about 2 semesters.