Take on Leadership Positions in Any Field with a Doctorate in Public Administration
As a professional in public administration, you understand the value of continued learning and strong leadership. This is a field that is diverse, expansive, and complex. Governments and organizations need someone who is an expert to provide new ideas and insight and lead with integrity.
Liberty University’s Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Public Administration can provide you with the knowledge and tools you’ll need to become an expert while increasing your career options and earning potential. Our program is designed to help you advance into new positions as well as provide cutting-edge research and insight into the operations and concepts surrounding public administration. Partner with us so you can advance your knowledge and further your career.
Why Choose Liberty’s PhD in Public Administration Degree Online?
If you’ve made the choice to pursue your public administration doctorate, you may be wondering where you should complete your program. Liberty University is one of the first schools to offer a PhD in Public Administration online and the first school in the nation to offer it from a Christian perspective.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing to pursue your degree with us:
- Because public administration is such a broad subject, you will have career opportunities in nearly every field including public, nonprofit, and private settings.
- You can complete your doctoral degree in just 2.5 years and 100% online, which gives you the flexibility to continue dedicating time to your career and family.
- Our mission is Training Champions for Christ – so we incorporate biblical principles into all of our courses. You can graduate as a leader of integrity ready to incorporate Christian values into your work.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Public Administration Degree?
Because you are already a public administration professional, this doctorate will focus on advanced topics in the field. Your courses will help you increase your knowledge and ability to work in the government as well as in nonprofit and private organizations. Some of the topics you’ll study include statesmanship, finance and budgeting, urban planning, and organizational leadership.
Our public administration PhD also focuses heavily on research. You’ll take courses that cover both quantitative and qualitative methods for public administration. You will also create your own research concept and complete a dissertation on the concept you choose so you can be recognized as a scholar in public administration.
- PADM 708 – Studies in Urban Planning and State and Local Government
- PADM 710 – Information Management in Public Sector Organizations
- PADM 712 – Organizational Leadership and Behavior in Public Administration
- PLCY 804 – Statesmanship, Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations
Highlights of Our Public Administration PhD Online Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You can complete our doctorate in public administration in as little as 2.5 years.
- Public administration degree jobs can be found in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors, giving you a variety of career opportunities upon graduation.
PhD in Public Administration Degree Information
- This programs falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Public Administration PhD Graduates
Because the theory and practice of this field can be applied to many careers, graduates will be able to pursue a variety of jobs with a public administration degree, including:
- Budget analyst
- City manager/chief administrative officer
- Government researcher/research director
- Health services manager
- Human resources manager
- Operations research analyst
- Public policy consultant/analyst
- University professor
- Urban planner
Admission Requirements for the Ph.D. in Public Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.