Fight for Freedom and Justice with Our Online Criminal Justice Associate Degree
Are you excited about the idea of being part of the solution to the injustices in the world? Liberty University’s online criminal justice associate degree can help you join the criminal justice system, fight for what’s right, and achieve your goals.
There are a variety of ways to get involved in the criminal justice system. And you can help make a difference in the lives of those hurt by crime. The criminal justice system is composed of three broad areas:
- Law enforcement — You will identify and investigate a crime, find evidence, and then use it to determine motives and the sequence of events in a crime. Throughout the process, you will work to protect the rights of crime victims.
- The court system — You will examine the evidence to determine guilt or innocence and then issue a sentence if the party is guilty.
- The correction system — You will learn about punishment and rehabilitation of the guilty party.
With our online law enforcement degree that focuses on criminal justice, you will be empowered to begin your journey towards protecting the weak and defending justice. Earn an associate in criminal justice, and become a Champion for Christ who fights for the oppressed and defends freedom throughout your career!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associate Degree in Criminal Justice?
At Liberty, your success is our success, which is why we have worked hard to create one of the best online criminal justice degrees available. Through this program, you will be able to understand the complexities of the criminal justice field. This will prepare you to pursue a more specific direction for your career — in the workforce or higher education.
Our Helms School of Government faculty members were chosen with you in mind. They have experience as private practice partners, police officers, lawyers, certified public accountants, certified mediators, and more.
Liberty’s online criminal justice associate degree is set apart from other programs. Our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Each of your professors is dedicated to teaching your courses from a Christian perspective.
We Value Flexibility
Our online criminal justice associate degree is especially designed for professionals who are current or prior law enforcement members. These learners often have busy schedules that do not permit them to attend residential courses. Flexibility is vital for our students, particularly those who are first responders.
Our associate’s in criminal justice is offered completely online. This allows you to remain active in your job, family, and community without worrying about taking courses on campus. As a student, you will still be able to focus on your family and career while completing your coursework on your own schedule.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Associate Degree in Criminal Justice?
Liberty University’s 100% online associate degree in criminal justice will provide you with a strong foundation of both knowledge and skills. This will prepare you for careers within a wide variety of criminal justice-related fields. You can acquire knowledge to help you successfully lead and manage in criminal justice fields for future promotional opportunities and certifications.
In our associate in criminal justice degree program, you will:
- Be introduced to the American criminal justice system.
- Perform research in the social sciences using both traditional and online venues.
- Become familiarized with the criminal correctional system in the United States.
- Study the functioning of courts, judges, lawyers, and law enforcement agencies.
- Examine theories regarding the nature and cause of criminal behavior and society’s response.
- Review the legal elements that apply to criminal law, procedure, and evidence.
Featured Courses in Our Associate in Criminal Justice
- CJUS 230 – Criminal Justice Research and Writing
- CJUS 330 – Judicial Process
- CJUS 340 – Criminology
- CJUS 400 – Criminal Law
Military Benefits for Our Online Criminal Justice Associate Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Highlights of the Associate in Criminal Justice Degree Online
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online criminal justice associate degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- With no set login times or on-campus class requirements, this program is ideal for students who need flexibility — like law enforcement and military service members.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
The First Responder Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens from the men and women who work in public service. As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank you,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
A 25% tuition discount
College credit for training and life experience
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or military benefits)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder’s Discount page.
Career Options with an Online Associate Degree in Criminal Justice
Our associate in criminal justice will prepare you to pursue further education or enter any of the numerous career options available in criminal justice. Some criminal justice careers with an associate’s degree include:
- Juvenile justice
- Probation and parole
- Social services
- Victim advocacy
- Private/corporate security
- State and local police and sheriff
- Homeland defense
Specific positions include a corrections officer, a probation officer, a youth detention counselor, a security officer, and even an insurance investigator. Some top-paying jobs with an associate degree in criminal justice are police officer, private detective, and bailiff.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.