Take the First Step in Your Career with Our Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice Program
Liberty University’s online Associate’s in Criminal Justice degree program is designed to equip you with foundational skills and knowledge needed in the world of law enforcement and the court system. You will learn about the criminal justice process from the commission of a crime to its subsequent trial. Courses in our online Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice will introduce you to essential concepts, including vital elements in criminal justice writing and research, and help you acquire valuable knowledge to aid you in your career within the criminal justice system.
Our School of Government faculty members were chosen with you in mind. Our faculty has experience as private practice partners, police officers, lawyers and attorneys, certified public accountants, certified mediators and nearly every specialty within the field of criminal justice. We are proud to join you on this journey as you begin your Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice online.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Associates Degree in Criminal Justice?
Liberty’s Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice is an accredited online program. Many of our online Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice students are current or prior law enforcement. These learners often have busy schedules that do not permit them to enroll in courses at a local college in a traditional classroom format. Flexibility is vital for our students and especially crucial for students who are first responders. With our Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice online, students can focus on their families and careers and know that their coursework can be completed anytime before the assignment is due.
What Will You Learn in Our Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice?
Liberty University’s Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, 100% online program, will provide you with a strong foundation of both knowledge and skills to prepare you for careers within a wide variety of criminal justice related fields. You will acquire knowledge to help you successfully lead and manage in criminal justice fields for future promotional opportunities and certifications.
- CJUS 230 – Criminal Justice Research and Writing
- CJUS 340 – Criminology
- CJUS 400 – Criminal Law
- CJUS 330 – Judicial Process
For students wishing to further their education, our Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice is a natural next step after completing your associate’s degree. Whether you are seeking to grow in your current role or explore other areas within the Criminal Justice field, our program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
The Towns/Kopis Emergency Response Tuition Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens from the men and woman who work in public service. As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank You,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount.
- College credit for training and life experience.
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits).
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responders Discount page.
Highlights of the Associates in Criminal Justice Degree Online
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past three years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Without set login times and on-campus class requirements, this program is ideal for students who need flexibility, including law enforcement or military service members.
- Tuition for the Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
Potential Career Options with an Associate’s in Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Justice
- Probation & Parole
- Social Services
- Victim Advocacy
- Private/Corporate Security
- State and Local Police and Sheriff
- Homeland Defense
Please note that an associates degree alone generally will not qualify a student for federal employment.
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.