Earn a World-Class Emergency Management Degree with Liberty University’s Fire Science Program
Personnel in fire services do many things for their communities – from educating on fire prevention and protection to providing emergency medical and preparedness services. With such an enormous responsibility, fire departments need knowledgeable leaders with advanced training in fire administration to effectively protect their communities.
Are you looking for emergency management training specialized in fire administration to help take your career to the next level? If so, Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Fire Administration may be for you!
Management positions within the fire science field often require a bachelor’s degree. Earning a bachelor’s degree in fire administration could help set you apart from others in your field and help increase your career opportunities. Our program is designed to provide you with a strong foundation in administration and leadership. We want to help you prepare for advanced positions in fire service organizations.
Is a fire science degree worth it?
A fire science degree focuses on the administrative and technical skills behind fire fighting and inspecting. Our online fire science bachelor’s degree can help prepare you to work in the fire fighting industry in a variety of roles. You could become a fire chief, an administrator, or a forest fire prevention specialist.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the median annual salary for firefighters in 2020 was $52,500.* Additionally, the BLS reports that professionals who hold a bachelor’s degree can earn as much as 67% more per year than those who only hold a high school diploma.** With Liberty’s online fire services degree, you can prepare to pursue a variety of leadership positions within the field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Firefighters, 2020 (viewed online June 28, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online June 28, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
How long does it take to get a fire science degree?
If you are planning to pursue this degree full time and have no transferable credit, then you can complete our online fire science degree program in just 3.5 years. Students with qualifying transfer credit may see an even faster completion time.
Can you get a fire science degree online?
Yes – our fire service management degree is available 100% online. That means you can continue to work and maintain your other commitments while completing your degree. Your coursework can be done whenever and wherever is most convenient for you.
What is the best college for fire science?
If you’re considering a fire science program, you may be wondering where to pursue your degree. The best school is the one that meets your needs as a student. We believe Liberty’s fire science online degree stands out. Here’s why:
- Our degree offers you flexibility with 100% online coursework.
- We are committed to Training Champions for Christ so you can become a leader of integrity in your field.
- Your online professors have experience in fire administration and are excited to pass on their expertise to you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Fire Science Degree Online?
Liberty University’s online fire administration bachelor’s degree is designed to help professional firefighters advance in their careers. Graduates can pursue leadership and administration roles in emergency service organizations by building on their skills and professional training. This program can help develop fire administration leaders who understand and accept responsibility for public safety and protection.
By incorporating teachings from a Christian perspective, our fire administration bachelor’s degree can help prepare you to apply Christian values to your work. This program trains fire administration professionals to ethically protect the lives and property of the people they serve.
Tuition Discount for Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals in whatever ways we can. The First Responder tuition discount was created to take some of the financial burdens off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying “Thank you,” we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
What Will You Learn in Our Online Fire Science Classes?
Fire departments need highly trained professionals who can serve their communities with confidence. Raising awareness, conducting home fire safety checks, and communicating fire safety messages play a critical role in preventing hazardous fires. Through an exciting exploration of emergency management and fire administration courses, you will learn about what it takes to keep a community safe.
Our courses place a high emphasis on a fire administrator’s role within the community because you will be in charge of protecting thousands of lives. Each class can equip you with specialized training in communication and leadership to help prepare you for the responsibility you will hold as a fire administrator. If you are passionate about being a leader in your field, Liberty University’s fire administration degree is an excellent option for you!
Fire Management Degree Featured Courses
- CJUS 381 – Incident Command System/Emergency Planning and Incident Management
- FIRE 310 – Fire Prevention and Protection
- FIRE 330 – Human Resources Management in Fire Service Organizations
- FIRE 450 – Leadership in Fire Service Organizations
Online Fire Administration Degree Program Information
- Our online fire science degree falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our B.S. in fire science.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Fire Science Bachelor’s Degree Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Careers for Fire Administration Degree Online Graduates
- Battalion chief
- Company officer
- Deputy chief
- Fire inspector
- Fire investigator
- Fire lieutenant or captain
- Forest fire prevention specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Bachelor’s in Fire Administration
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s Degree in Fire Science Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your fire service administration degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty graduates are often sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- You will have access to vast online resources and materials through Liberty’s research portal while completing your fire tech studies.
- You may have the opportunity to transfer in up to 75% of your college credits!