Learn to Lead in Global Governance with a Master’s in International Relations Degree Online
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in International Relations degree is a great option for individuals who enjoy traveling, politics, and communication. Earning a master’s in international relations degree provides you with the training needed to maintain positive diplomatic relations with other countries and work to prevent international conflicts. You will be equipped with a solid understanding of the philosophical and practical influences affecting international relations and global governance.
Whether you are interested in seeking a career in diplomacy, foreign service, federal civil service, international aid and development, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), international business, journalism, or other professions, you will benefit from this program and the advanced knowledge and training you will receive. By choosing to pursue a master’s in international relations degree, you will experience a challenging and rewarding curriculum with the mission to equip you with the tools and skills needed to succeed and become a valuable asset in your global career.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in International Relations Degree Online?
Our master’s in international relations degree seeks to equip graduates with a solid understanding of the philosophical and biblical influences affecting international relations and global governance. Students are given a multidisciplinary approach to international relations, addressing history, philosophy, governing structures and processes, and comparative politics. The knowledge of international politics and policies gained through our master’s in international relations degree is based on a solid biblical foundation to advance global diplomacy in the name of Jesus Christ.
Our master’s in international relations degree completion plan allows you to choose between a thesis and non-thesis track to achieve your goals. Our thesis track allows you to take the knowledge you have learned from your courses and apply them to real-life problems in the field of international relations. You will evaluate weaknesses and test your ability to carry out original research to find solutions. Liberty’s master’s in international relations online degree is designed to produce internationally astute leaders who will make a global impact for Christ.
What Will You Learn in the Master’s in International Relations Degree Program?
The master’s in international relations degree online prepares students to pursue a wide range of careers in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors that require an understanding of international politics, culture, economics, and security issues. You will learn under a multidisciplinary approach to gain a foundation in international relations by addressing history, philosophy, governing structures and processes, and comparative politics. Courses will address critical components of international organizations and human rights, political economy and international trade, and international security and terrorism. You will learn the importance of understanding global governance in the contexts of political, military, legal, financial, or humanitarian institutions like the UN, World Bank, IMF, World Court, and other international non-government organizations (INGO).
Our online master’s in international relations degree provides training in geopolitics and international diplomacy from a Judeo-Christian perspective on international affairs and American foreign policy. Essential knowledge gained will prepare you to become a leader in the international field through your acquired tools and skills in the nuances and varieties of international and American politics. Establishing a fundamental basis for understanding the relation between U.S. foreign policy and the Middle East is explored in the online master’s in international relations. Each course taken will be grounded in a biblical perspective on government, politics, and diplomacy.
Master’s in International Relations Featured Courses
- INTL 502 — Global Governance
- PPOG 506 — Geopolitics and International Diplomacy
- PPOL 650 — International Law, Policy, and Politics
- PSCI 600 — Comparative Politics
Master’s in International Relations Program Highlights
- By earning your master’s in international relations degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in international relations degree has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our master’s in international relations degree program in less than 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Juris Master in International Legal Studies — Liberty University’s Juris Master in International Legal Studies will allow you to understand legal matters that influence the commerce of international organizations, mission agencies, and other enterprises. This understanding will allow you to build a foundation in the strategic application and understanding of international law.
- Master of Science in Political Science — Our 100% online Master of Science in Political Science is focused on the rigorous and comprehensive study of politics. This program builds upon various fundamental skills integral to a career as a political scientist. These skills will aid in your ability to advance research and scholarship on the nature and impact of politics in society.
- Master of Arts in Public Policy — Liberty’s Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Each course will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through this program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
Master’s in International Relations Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in International Relations Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in International Relations Degree
Upon completion of your master’s in international relations degree online, you will have the opportunity to pursue careers in many areas, including:
- Foreign service or public affairs officer
- Global missions worker/director
- International business consultant
- International lawyer
- NGO director
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in International Relations
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.